[SOLVED] 144 hz and 60hz dual monitor Lagging playing League

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015
Hello community,

I have dual monitor set up as mentioned.
I have 144hz monitor hooked up with display port to my 1080 GPU and 60hz monitor with DVI port also using 1080 GPU. My 144hz Monitor is set to 144hz in the setting as well.

Here's my rig:
i7-3770
gtx 1080 gaming x

Temperatures are great under load.
CPU max: 55 C to 60 C.
GPU max 60

Now, when I play PUBG, every second in this game is smooth and there is no stutter or lag at all.

When I play league of legends, the stutter and lag starts to happen after my first game.
I just don't know why it doesn't do that from the launch....just baffles me quite a lot.
Not to mention the part where PUBG is fine and low spec game League is lagging.

I've been trying to figure this out for a week now.
I've been upgrading all devices up to date even bios and tried using anti virus - 3 different software and it was all clean.

The moment League starts to lag a lot, picking my runes before the game starts is hard for me.
Banning a champion is hard I barely make it by 1 second left.

I am going so crazy about this and even thinking about upgrading it to a new PC just for this reason.

The part I don't really know is if the refresh rate is different using 2 different monitor and the nature of the game itself?

I would really appreciate the advice or any thoughts. saving up $1000 would mean a lot to me! lol

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: My CPU usage during the game is around 25 - 30% when it lags.
It lags from the lobby client and not only in game.

Solution
Monitor on or off makes no difference. It still sends the signal because it still sees the monitor because it's connected. Disconnect the second monitor while in game. If the issue is still there, it's not related to the monitor.

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015

Sorry about that.
Here's the list:

MOBO: z77 sabertooth
CPU: i7 - 3770
GPU: MSI GTX 1080 gaming X
Memory: DDR3 Trident 16GB (2x8GB)
Storage: 850 EVO 500GB
PSU: EVGA 850 GOLD
Monitor: main - XL2720z
sec - hp 60hz monitor

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015

I will try that and let you know!
Thank you!

EDIT: Same issue after this... hmm don't know what to do

luckystrikes

Honorable
Jan 27, 2015

After I read this yesterday, I tried only turning the monitor on main on and turning off the 2nd monitor also tried hooking secondary to iGPU but same issues remain..

Monitor on or off makes no difference. It still sends the signal because it still sees the monitor because it's connected. Disconnect the second monitor while in game. If the issue is still there, it's not related to the monitor.

Solution