144 HZ or 60 HZ?

swoo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014
Hello all,

I am a gamer and am looking at adding a second monitor to my system. I already have an Asus VE247 monitor right now, which is pretty solid in my opinion. In looking for another monitor I have a bit of money to spare and was looking at Benq's offerings. I was wondering if paying a little bit more for the 144 hz refresh rate monitors is worth it? I do not play FPS's, and currently all I play on my computer is League of Legends. I have six month old system, with an Intel i7 9770k with a AMD Radeon R9 290 graphics card.

Thoughts?

swoo

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2014

Thank you for your response Suzuki. I was really looking at if the 144 hz was worth getting when I just play a mobo that does not require much movement on screen. Its about 100 - 150 dollar difference between a 60 hz and a 144 hz.

Well, all LCDs no matter specs will have some degree of ghosting. During fast motion high refresh rates were developed to counter this. By buying a 144 Hz display, you will have an easier time where fast motion is bound to cause ghosting, making things harder to read and react to. There are also 75/120 Hz panels. These will be beneficial for you in team fights, moving camera--And when Rek Sai ults she wont be a blurry mess! :).