1440p on PS4?

Solution
Works fine and registers as 1080p in the PS menu using HDMI. I'm using a 27" Dell 1440p monitor as both my PC gaming monitor and my PS4 monitor. In fact it looks better on than it did on my bedroom 32" 1080p because of higher pixel density.

The great thing about having multiple outputs on a monitor is that you can use both HDMI and DVI-D or display port for different devices. HDMI for the PS4 and 1080p, and DVI-D or display port for full 1440p for the PC. A lot of the cheaper 1440p monitors only have one output like those cheap Korean knock-offs (QNIX, Crossover, etc.).
Works fine and registers as 1080p in the PS menu using HDMI. I'm using a 27" Dell 1440p monitor as both my PC gaming monitor and my PS4 monitor. In fact it looks better on than it did on my bedroom 32" 1080p because of higher pixel density.

The great thing about having multiple outputs on a monitor is that you can use both HDMI and DVI-D or display port for different devices. HDMI for the PS4 and 1080p, and DVI-D or display port for full 1440p for the PC. A lot of the cheaper 1440p monitors only have one output like those cheap Korean knock-offs (QNIX, Crossover, etc.).

Solution