Question 144Hz 144FPS but the game is not smooth and screen tearing

Dec 30, 2020
please guys can you help me with my problem
I'm actually playing Fortnite with a constant 144 fps but it just feels unsmooth like if I'm playing with less than 60fps. My monitor is Benq XL2411P 144hz and I've been playing Fortnite smoothly for 1 year without problems. Fps shows 144 and Hz is also 144 in nvcp and display settings but the game is choppy and I notice some minor screen tearing. Vsync helped a bit but I can't play with that input lag as a competitive player.
I tried so many things like RTSS, reinstalling driver using DDU,reinstalling the game,format,fresh install of windows but nothing helped.
Please if anyone knows how to solve this problem don't mind helping me because it's really driving me crazy.
My specs:
Mobo: Msi H310M PRO-VD PLUS Intel® Core™ i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz(3.9GHz in task manager while playing)NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz 1T HDD 240 SSD 550W corsair PSU
I also noticed that when playing 60hz 60fps capped I get a lot of screen tearing
I think it could be a hardware problem but what exactly is causing this,is it my cheap mobo or maybe PSU?
I'd appreciate every single suggestion.Thanks

Gegemon007

BANNED
Feb 4, 2021
Did you select Auto Detect best settings when u reinstalled fortnite?
If yes, turn the FPS CAP to 165 fps (should be located above the Color blind mode)
Auto detect turns the fps cap to 30 fps always, the auto detect doesnt matter if your pc has rtx 3090

Dec 30, 2020
Thank you guys for the reply.
I didn't test my gpu in another pc I will try to do that ans see
I have this problem also in Valorant but without tearing while fortnite there is tearing

Dec 30, 2020
Hi thank you for the reply.
I actually have a cpu bottlneck while playing Fortnite (90-100%) gpu(40%)
It's maybe the cause but even if I'm only in desktop or a browser I feel that my pc is not smooth even while scrolling (2% cpu)
A guy told me that Corsair VS series PSU are bad and they can cause such problems can it be.
Thanks again.

TRENDING THREADS