Question 144hz monitor capping at 60hz ?

Feb 26, 2022
I have a Asus Tuf VG28U 144hz 4k monitor with a RTX3080ti and my monitor is able to run occasionally at 144hz but as soon as I shut down or reboot my PC it has no other options except for 60hz and below. I have displayport that came with the monitor.

I've already tried:

• going into advanced settings, Nvidia control panel, turning Xbox gamebar off
  • variable refresh rate is off in Windows
  • tried setting a custom refresh rate in Nvidia control panel
  • updating drivers.

I'm stumped. I can turn my PC off unplug display port and plug it back in and it will run at 144hz for a little while and will cap again at 60hz.

Feb 26, 2022
Same thing is happening with a different cable. I have maximum refresh rate set in global settings. Still doing it. I did notice that in device manager in the event log for my monitor it is saying "device not migrated". Not sure if that would cause an issue with my monitor or not? I'm definitely stumped as to why it is doing this. Appreciate the suggestions.

Fatblabs

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Same thing is happening with a different cable. I have maximum refresh rate set in global settings. Still doing it. I did notice that in device manager in the event log for my monitor it is saying "device not migrated". Not sure if that would cause an issue with my monitor or not? I'm definitely stumped as to why it is doing this. Appreciate the suggestions.
is the cable good quality?