144Hz monitor doesn't have display port?

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hello, I just ordered this monitor
http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-Series-XL2411Z-24-Inch-Monitor/dp/B00ITORITU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1419017038&sr=8-3&keywords=144+hz+monitor
along with a display port cord because HDMI doesnt support 144Hz then I found out this monitor doesn't even have a display port? What am I supposed to use as a cord if it doesn't have a display port? I would use DVI but that's like sacrificing HD for 144Hz. Would a HDMI to Display port cord work for 144Hz and give me HD video?

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

Asus one is $20 more expensive and wouldn't arrive until after Christmas. This one arrives on Tuesday.

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

So If I just use speakers going from the back of my PC to the speakers this shouldn't be a problem right?

The first Q+A question in the link even asks if it has it, and all the specs don't list displayport, so why would assume it did.

As for getting 144hz, you need to use the includes dual-link displayport cable. That's the only way to get over 60hz with it.

DVI is fine though, it's still a digital signal and no different than HDMI.

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

Because I was originally set on the Asus 144Hz monitor that has a display port so it was already added to my cart. I just exchanged that monitor out for this one when i realized the Asus was more expensive and had a long shipping date and I assumed this one would also include a display port. i cancelled the cord order though so no big deal. Do I have to configure any settings in Windows or download drivers before I can actually use the 144Hz and blur reduction?

jcup

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

Because I was originally set on the Asus 144Hz monitor that has a display port so it was already added to my cart. I just exchanged that monitor out for this one when i realized the Asus was more expensive and had a long shipping date and I assumed this one would also include a display port. i cancelled the cord order though so no big deal. Do I have to configure any settings in Windows or download drivers before I can actually use the 144Hz and blur reduction?