[SOLVED] 144hz monitor doesn't support 144hz at 3440x1440

Aug 17, 2021
Title pretty much says it all. 144hz is not an option in the Windows display settings menu (maximum is 100hz).

Display: Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx curved display using the DisplayPort cable that came with it (1.4)
Graphics Card: XFX R9 290X

When I tried creating a custom resolution in AMD Radeon settings, it says "The custom resolution settings are not compatible with this display.," I tried disabling FreeSync, but nothing changed.

Title pretty much says it all. 144hz is not an option in the Windows display settings menu (maximum is 100hz).

Display: Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx curved display using the DisplayPort cable that came with it (1.4)
Graphics Card: XFX R9 290X

When I tried creating a custom resolution in AMD Radeon settings, it says "The custom resolution settings are not compatible with this display.," I tried disabling FreeSync, but nothing changed.
Yeah no not a display issue that I a gpu issue, that gpu can't handle the display at that settings the monitor is fine I can almost promise that..... however that old gpu can barely handle my old Acer monitor like a xww23 or something which is nothing compared to the new monitors your trying to pair with that old gpu