144hz Monitor Worth It? (GTX 970)

Domcarm

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
I have a GTX 970 4GB and I am wondering if I will be able to notice a difference if I buy a 144hz monitor and only get around 80 - 120 FPS in game. (BO3 High Settings)

Will I need to lower settings in order to notice a difference with a GTX 970? And get stable 144 FPS?

Solution
You don't need to max out the FPS. If you get a 144Hz G-Sync panel then just drop a few settings the FPS will change but due to the G-Sync technology you will never actually notice the drop. You will tell a difference compared to a 60Hz panel as the movements look a lot smoother and for games such as CSGO, 144 FPS is easily achievable on your card and will be better for competitive matches.

_JakeDavies

Reputable
Jan 9, 2015
You don't need to max out the FPS. If you get a 144Hz G-Sync panel then just drop a few settings the FPS will change but due to the G-Sync technology you will never actually notice the drop. You will tell a difference compared to a 60Hz panel as the movements look a lot smoother and for games such as CSGO, 144 FPS is easily achievable on your card and will be better for competitive matches.

Solution
You'll certainly notice a difference between 60 and 144 frames per second, but perhaps not between 120 and 144 frames per second. You'll only know by seeing them both in action.

Whilst a GTX 970 can provide 144 frames per second in certain games, it's worth remembering that some games are arbitrarily locked to a lower frame rate by the developer.