Question 14700k instability clocks/undervolt crashing games

lionlucas

Honorable
Mar 10, 2019
Friends, I have the 14700k. At first I have an undervolt offset of around -0.160 and a clock decreased by 100MHz (5.4GHz). The temperature is under control, the voltage varies from 0.65 to 1.41 during use. However, I believe there is something wrong with the voltage/clock or some problem related to these Raptor Lake defects. Light games run without a problem (consuming around 80 to 110W), however, I went to play the heaviest games, Sons of the Forest, on ultra (consuming a little more, from 100 to 130W), and after 1 to 5 minutes the game simply crashes to the desktop, a rectangle like an error appears in the middle of the screen but disappears in milliseconds, there is no time to see if there is anything written. I tried to reduce the undervolt and increase the voltage to see if it was this instability, but it did not solve it. I believe that 1.4V would be enough to run at 5.4GHz.
Then I set the AI VR VOLTAGE LIMIT in the bios to 1.4v as I saw in some tutorials, but it lowered the clock to 5.2ghz, but at first it didn't crash anymore.
What do you think the problem would be? Is it a defect in the Raptors or undervolt instability? Because I can't use it in stock, the voltage hits 1.5v easily, I'm not going to let this madness happen. Is there any configuration that doesn't go above 1.4v while keeping the 5.4ghz stable? or these chips were made to run 1.5v+ at 5.4/5.5ghz ?
My Asus B660M BIOS, released in July, is already updated with the eTVB fix. It is already in the Intel default settings. However, I changed the microcode to the old x104 to use undervolt. Could this old microcode cause these problems? I have already limited PL1 to 125W and PL2 to 253W, but I believe that this does not interfere since I rarely use more than 150W.