150% cpu Minecraft

kathyrose

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
I have a Macbook Pro Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz NVIDIA GeForce 9400M and the activity monitor has minecraft using 150%+ CPU. Also, there is as much as 20 seconds lag between the time I arrive at a place (like trying to feed cows) and the the cows realize I'm there. I'm trying to run minecraft just for myself. I'm not very computer savvy. Do I need a new computer?

Solution

this is actually not that bad for today in laptops, one thing to note, most Apple Products are cutting edge on release so they do tend to last a while, 2.66 Ghz dual core laptop is quite respectable still, and there is no reason why it should be lagging so heavily on Minecraft with that setup at all.

I recommend a temp check, odds are it has gotten clogged up and needs cleaning, a verified Apple Store should be equipped with cleaning out the computer.

Now when it comes to Mac based software, that is where my expertise ends, However, this is similar to symtoms of a Virus on PC computers,

If you have an AntiVirus i...

kathyrose

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks, ewok93. Could you suggest a good one for gaming - something out of the box - I can't build a computer.

kathyrose

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
I have a laptop now. I guess if I could get a powerful enough laptop, I would prefer that. Is it possible? I could do a desktop if I needed to. Thanks again!

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

this is actually not that bad for today in laptops, one thing to note, most Apple Products are cutting edge on release so they do tend to last a while, 2.66 Ghz dual core laptop is quite respectable still, and there is no reason why it should be lagging so heavily on Minecraft with that setup at all.

I recommend a temp check, odds are it has gotten clogged up and needs cleaning, a verified Apple Store should be equipped with cleaning out the computer.

Now when it comes to Mac based software, that is where my expertise ends, However, this is similar to symtoms of a Virus on PC computers,

If you have an AntiVirus i recommend running that. And get yourself a cleaning appointment setup with a local Apple Store. I have seen Minecraft run perfectly with HD texture packs on 1.88Ghz Dual Core HP laptops, not even lagging out after detonating 20 thousand plus TNT.

My first PC was a laptop, they have not changed very much since my 2.88 dual core AMD HP Dv9000 setup.

Solution

kathyrose

Honorable
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks, Kamikazi2142. I will take it to Apple for a cleaning. I have already changed all the settings in minecraft that are supposed to reduce lag. Thanks!

[this is actually not that bad for today in laptops, one thing to note, most Apple Products are cutting edge on release so they do tend to last a while, 2.66 Ghz dual core laptop is quite respectable still, and there is no reason why it should be lagging so heavily on Minecraft with that setup at all.

If you have an AntiVirus i recommend running that. And get yourself a cleaning appointment setup with a local Apple Store. I have seen Minecraft run perfectly with HD texture packs on 1.88Ghz Dual Core HP laptops, not even lagging out after detonating 20 thousand plus TNT.

My first PC was a laptop, they have not changed very much since my 2.88 dual core AMD HP Dv9000 setup.[/quotemsg]]