15ARE05 upgrade

May 7, 2021
Hello I am planning on buying a 16gb SODIMM to my Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ARE05 which brings up my total memory to 20gb of ram since it has a soldered on 4gb module, capping out the max capacity it could handle. Ive had some thoughts on whether or not this could cause some problems with the existing components? Could my 20gb memory cause a bottleneck of some kind to my CPU? Which is btw a Ryzen 5 4500U, mobile processor which as 6 cores, 2.38GHz base speed. And a 128gb bootdrive NVMe SSD and 1TB HDD where most of my games are. Im specifically going for a mid-end-ish editing rig, 1080p or 2k, can't go up to 4k yet since my rig doesn't have the capacity to do so yet, and playing heavily modded Cities Skylines which incase you don't know takes a very heavy system to do so, and have heard that upgrading my 8gb ram to something bigger could help perform both better. Any thoughts?

Hello I am planning on buying a 16gb SODIMM to my Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ARE05 which brings up my total memory to 20gb of ram since it has a soldered on 4gb module, capping out the max capacity it could handle. Ive had some thoughts on whether or not this could cause some problems with the existing components? Could my 20gb memory cause a bottleneck of some kind to my CPU? Which is btw a Ryzen 5 4500U, mobile processor which as 6 cores, 2.38GHz base speed. And a 128gb bootdrive NVMe SSD and 1TB HDD where most of my games are. Im specifically going for a mid-end-ish editing rig, 1080p or 2k, can't go up to 4k yet since my rig doesn't have the capacity to do so yet, and playing heavily modded Cities Skylines which incase you don't know takes a very heavy system to do so, and have heard that upgrading my 8gb ram to something bigger could help perform both better. Any thoughts?
There will always be a bottleneck somewhere.
You make one part faster the bottleneck moves to a different part.
If you want to game bump the ram.
You will only use as much as needed.

May 7, 2021
There will always be a bottleneck somewhere.
You make one part faster the bottleneck moves to a different part.
If you want to game bump the ram.
You will only use as much as needed.
So im assuming this is good, right? Or is it just gonna cause more problems than good and should just pump it down to a 12gb total?