16-year-old Makes Working Scientific Calculator in Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunshiki

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Fixme, but that's a generated "map", isn't it? (E.g. it is made with an external application.) I don't know. You can already see GPUs and other hardcore stuff. All of them are generated in the same principle, and it doesn't take too much work to do something like these.

But a Minecraft addict may be able to give more info on this. (And these generated stuff.)

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Is there a "Building a CPU in Minecraft" for dummies book? This stuff is interesting. It's like some really weird kind of ladder logic or something, stone & lava logic?

G

Its not a graphing calculator, graphing implies it can visually graph functions, and it cant. It is a calculator tho.

If he did it himself its impressive. However long before this ive seen people demonstrate all the pieces above. If he just took the work of others and pieced it together, then its still impressive, but its nothing extraordinary.

IF he did everything himself, without the work of others, then im truly impressed.

Its likely he took the adders etc from other peoples minecraft computers and stuck them together to make the above. And remember you dont do a project like this in the real game, you use an editor that allows you to slap things together orders of magnitude quicker.

[citation][nom]jkflipflop98[/nom]There are people that have built working 8088's in the game.It's far more impressive if you don't use MCedit, though.[/citation]

Can these working 8088s run older/lighter operating systems and software? This seems like a very cool thing to look into. Would be awesome to see something like DOS or something running inside of MC on one of these 8088. It would be so cool to play pong inside of MC.

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
its incredible.. i'm sure when you break it down and understand the different macros and individual systems dedicated to certain functions, it would be simpler to understand how it works. but without knowing all that, its a overwhelming concept to design something like that, and for a 16year old to do so, is amazing. this kid needs to try a real one with transistors and then move on to designing processors.

acoriano

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Is there a "Building a CPU in Minecraft" for dummies book? This stuff is interesting. It's like some really weird kind of ladder logic or something, stone & lava logic?

If such a book exist plx mail it to AMD.

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
Why spend countless hours crafting something that one push of a key on your keyboard will bring it up for your pleasure..last time I used scientific calculator was my final exam of my calculus class 6 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.