Question $1600 build. Are there any problems with this build. Can I make this cheaper?

Aug 14, 2024
Hello. Complete newbie pc builder here. Firstly, I'd like to thank you guys for the support. I just came here to ask if my build was ok, but I ended up reading reading Proximon's "Guide to choosing parts" and so much more. So thanks.

My Case explanation:
I am a newbie builder In Maldives and I need to build a Computer System for Digital content creation using blender and unreal engine 5. I asked chatgpt and then did some other research and came up with this:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe SSD
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Case: Fractal design meshify C

My main questions:
1. Are there any problems with my build? (Are there any bad parts, incompatible parts, CPU GPU bottlenecking, will these parts fit in the case mentioned, etc)

2. Is there a way to make this cheaper? (Are there parts way above my need for digital content creation, are there parts that are overpriced, is it safe to buy some of these parts second hand, Maybe I can sign upto myUs and order everything from Newegg to get savings on shipping)

Other details:
Approximate Purchase Date: Black friday
Budget Range: $1600 max

Current configuration price:
Price before shipping: 1120
Shipping: 497
Total: 1617

System usage: Digital content creation (blender, unity 5 engine)
Are you buying a monitor: No (I have a hand-me-down TV. Hoping I can use that for now)
Do you need to buy OS: Yes, but I can handle that locally.
Preffered websites: Amazon, BH photo video, eBay.
Websites not considering yet:
1. Aliexpress (I heard some vendors provide bad quality stuff and I can't tell them apart as a newbie)
2. Newegg (They don't deliver directly to Maldives. However, I can sign up to MyUs and buy to save on shipping based on your suggestions)

Parts preferences:
1. AMD processor is a must.
2. Nvidia graphics card. ( I've been told that better multicore performance is better for workstations.)

Overclocking: maybe
SlI Crossfire: No

Monitor resolution: Don't know. Planning to use an old TV at home for now.

Additional comments: I want an AMD processor system for digital content creation. I want to prevent unnecessary spending and to make it cheaper if possible. Anything else can change based on your advice. I am ready to spend for a better power supply as I know how important it is now. I could even start buying some of the cheaper components before black Friday if you approve of the components.

Why am I upgrading: Digital content creation (blender and unreal engine 5)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
5700X, less expensive CPU cooler. Look at Thermalright products, or Deepcool in the same size/weight class. Far cheaper and just as good aside from the expensive Noctua fans (If you want the fans to last ten+ years, then it is a good choice)

RTX3060 12GB is a fine choice for a light workstation card in this price category.

PSU is a little oversized, but that is okay if that one is reasonably priced.

If it is affordable, I like to see 2TB SSDs, but you might as well aim for a PCIe 4.0 drive either way.

Zen4 is within the price range, and is the way I would lean.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 4.5 GHz 8-Core Processor ($269.68 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($35.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B650M Pro RS Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($100.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial P3 Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($117.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC Rev 2.0 GeForce RTX 3060 12GB 12 GB Video Card ($279.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($83.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1093.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-08-14 10:57 EDT-0400