17-Key Mouse Geared For MMO Gamers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttangx

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]win7[/nom]What next? The entire keyboard oriented around a mouse? lol[/citation]

Don't they already have that? The huge keyboard that's also a mouse?

G

This looks harder to use and more uncomfortable then normal MMO setup. MMO's need WAY more then 12 hotkeys anyway. It's much easier to use wsad to move and click icons with the mouse IMO. Who comes up with these goofy ideas? Bet he doesn't play any MMO's

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
looks interesting, but in the pic all those buttons are where my thumb would be. I dont know about the rest of you, but my thumb doesnt bend back that far to be able to click those buttons.
Mabye if you have tiny 14yr old hands or skinny asian hands it could work, but not for me.

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]ubernoobie[/nom]hmm g15(early 2007) + this mouse = how the fuck do u keep track of all these buttons?[/citation]
practice? =\

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
This just goes to show where my head is at...

It looks like camel toe...

I also want a QWERTY mouse. One mouse to control them all.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
I say fuck it, I'd hit the buttons whether or not I intended to or not. Also, ugly. Not like I play WoW but I know a guy with a Ideazon Merc and Logitech G15 and uses all the function keys....

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
hmm. as a wow player i actually see the advantage of this. Since sometimes I still type in game (old school) durring some battles I just want to click my abilities instantly while i have the chat log open but instead I end up chatting by accident ' wwwwwwwsssddqqq 1111 00555553 qqqqqq Hey I need a heal 65666222--==" Granted my 1through= keys will all be on the mouse makes this option little more attractive.

Other than the sensitivity change, this can be good for FPSers as well. Particularly ones that offer multiple weapons like Unreal or Quake so when switching from shotgun to sniper rifle to rocket launcher you dont have to scroll past your weapon of choice or stop pressing your wsad keys to press 5 or a weapon select button. Also good to tie maneuvers in Americas Army.
Good mouse.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Looks uncomfortable.
Also looks like junk.

My fingers are too long and big to use mbuttons like that.
I just want a mouse that smoothey fits my hand, nothing else.

The Logitech Click! was the best mouse ever. Good weight, size, and just smooth sailing, and just nice.

However, the Wireless Laser Mouse 7000 by Microsoft looks perfect for me also.
Though I just ordered a Logitech G5 (my Click! broke after 4 years of abuse).

If any of you have been to best buy recently you would have already seen the mouse developed for WoW. I am sure that thing has 15+ buttons and is fairly ergonomic as well. That said, I am sure that this mouse might have its uses. However, by the poor button locations it looks like this might be better suited to FPS & Other apps which require less constant button tapping.

zelannii

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
I can't see how hitting the buttons, in the location on the mouse indicated in the screen shot, would either be easy or confortable to do with a thumb....

I have a mouse on my desk of a similar shape, and trying to hit even the first row of buttons using my thumb would easily cause me to loose positional control of the pointer...

If the buttons were located MUCH closer to the front, and additionally spread across both sides, this might be a feasible design.

I can't for the life of me see needing more than 8-10 buttons on a mouse however, especially in an MMO where access to f-key and number key rows and a shift/ctrl key pretty much covers it... I might like to see alt/shft/ctrl added to the mouse though, that WOULD make things easier...

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I find the 12 macro keys my G19, in addition to the 2 macro buttons I have set up on my G9 mouse are overkill, even for MMO's. At the moment the MMO I have the most macros in is Vanguard:SOH. And I've only found use for 5 out of the 12 G19 keyboard macros, and then I have 2 on my mouse.

Now if you're going to use mouse buttons for just 1 - 10 - +, Maybe some people have their MMO lay outs where they have to hit #buttons past 5, but any smart MMOer will macro and put all his or her important combat attacks on 1-5 so you can easly hit them with your hand in WASD config.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]notgonnawork[/nom]This is not a very good idea. For one thing, the buttons are poorly placed. There's no way you can press all those with your thumb and not strain your hand. Also, they are too close to avoid error.I use a gamepad for the MMORPG that I play. All of the quickslots are assigned to the function keys on the keyboard as well, so no need for hunting.[/citation]
Final Fantasy XI?

I play FFXI with a keyboard almost exclusively. I can see it being nice in Eve but that button placement looks like an advancement is arthritis research subject technology.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
Who keeps rating down every comment containing anything negative about this mouse? Stop being an idiot, it's obvious that it's just one guy since most comments have only -1...
It's a neat idea, but I don't really think it will work out as well as razer is hoping. It's also a really bulky, and ugly looking mouse if you ask me.

Also, Camel Toe!

G

I'm all for any improvements in input devices, because advances in this field are very much limited compared to other computer units. Look how much faster CPUs and GPUs are, and how much larger main and secondary memory has become, and yet no considerable practical advances in input devices. Sure this particular mouse is not revolutionary, but I think it's a step in the right direction. I want holographic gloves, damn it!

Status
Not open for further replies.