[SOLVED] 17% of memory used while doing nothing?

Freddybro

Commendable
Jul 4, 2021
Hey there. I've just built my new pc, and since i've started using it i've gotten some like lag problems and such. I then decided to check the tasklist, and saw that i was running 17% of my memory. From just having one chrome tap open it seemed like there was alot of memory spent there for no reason?
i'm not quite sure what to do here since this is the first time i've had this happen to me.

07COQ7L.png
WR5eYU9.png

Solution
17% of memory used while doing nothing?

17% of RAM usage is actually very good considering that Windows and all the other background services are running. There's nothing for you to worry about there.

From just having one chrome tap open it seemed like there was alot of memory spent there for no reason?

Chrome is notoriously memory hungry and will consume all that it can and that's normal too. In Chrome there's a separate process for each tab, each extension, plus various background services so eleven doesn't seem too many to me.

Your Task Manager performance stats look fine to me - was it lagging when you took that screenshot?

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
17% of memory used while doing nothing?

17% of RAM usage is actually very good considering that Windows and all the other background services are running. There's nothing for you to worry about there.

From just having one chrome tap open it seemed like there was alot of memory spent there for no reason?

Chrome is notoriously memory hungry and will consume all that it can and that's normal too. In Chrome there's a separate process for each tab, each extension, plus various background services so eleven doesn't seem too many to me.

Your Task Manager performance stats look fine to me - was it lagging when you took that screenshot?

Solution