18 month financing best buy?

LittleYo10

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2013
So my friend is going to build his pc, and wants to buy parts from best buy, just wanted to ask, does the 18 month financing also work on items like lets say all parts for 800 dollars and the financing works or does it have to be one item with a price of 429 dollars or more? thanks.

Solution
I believe it has to over certain amount. If you bought all the parts on one bill it maybe OK.

Yep I was right. Has to on one bill and over $429

"On approved purchases on the My Best Buy Credit Cards issued by Citibank, N.A. $429 min. total purchase required. Min. payments required. Offer valid at BestBuy.com® and in Best Buy® stores."

LittleYo10

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2013

Please just tell me, my friends dad is very ignorant... He doesn't care about that and got tired, its pretty sad... (my friend is 16) So can you or not?

trogdor796

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I don't know, I'm sure it specifies in the terms and conditions. IF I get a chance I will look later.

Is your friend paying for it or his dad? If him, he can buy the parts where he wants, tell him to not do best buy. If it's his dad or he will absolutely refuse to use newegg, make best buy price match the parts on newegg or amazon, the apparantly do that now. Should save quite a bit of money over best buy outrageous prices on computer hardware. But seeing as he will still have to pay tax at best buy, newegg is still a better option.

Unhooked

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I believe it has to over certain amount. If you bought all the parts on one bill it maybe OK.

Yep I was right. Has to on one bill and over $429

"On approved purchases on the My Best Buy Credit Cards issued by Citibank, N.A. $429 min. total purchase required. Min. payments required. Offer valid at BestBuy.com® and in Best Buy® stores."

Solution