180 mm side fan vs Bigger Cpu cooler

mrpoox

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014
Hello guys, so i basicly have a 2 choices, 1 buy Hyperx 212 evo, and say bye-bye to my 180mm side cooler, or get smaller CPU cooler and live it there, what will give me lower temperature ( not only CPU, but hole PC in general). Thnaks 4 help, and sry 4 my English.

Solution
Your English is fine:) No need to apologize.
Depending on your case, you may be able to, over time get better cooling by removing the 180mm and putting in several smaller fans. I don't know what case you have, so that's something to investigate. Most cases with a big side fan can handle several smaller fans.
Are you opposed to liquid cooling? They're usually more compact and there are some AIOs that are in a similar price range to the 212 Evo. There are also many very good smaller air units. I once used a Zalman CNPS 8900. It was quite small. I also wasn't pleased with it's contact to my CPU and the temps weren't as good as I hoped. It had direct contact heatpipes and so couldn't be sanded to get better contact. But, long...

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
Your English is fine:) No need to apologize.
Depending on your case, you may be able to, over time get better cooling by removing the 180mm and putting in several smaller fans. I don't know what case you have, so that's something to investigate. Most cases with a big side fan can handle several smaller fans.
Are you opposed to liquid cooling? They're usually more compact and there are some AIOs that are in a similar price range to the 212 Evo. There are also many very good smaller air units. I once used a Zalman CNPS 8900. It was quite small. I also wasn't pleased with it's contact to my CPU and the temps weren't as good as I hoped. It had direct contact heatpipes and so couldn't be sanded to get better contact. But, long story short: there's lots of options for smaller coolers that will fall into the same price range as the 212 EVO.
To help us get you some other options, I ask two questions. What case do you have and what country are you from?

Solution
What case do you have? What CPU? Do you ovverclock?

The side panel fans are generally worth 2-3 degrees to whatever component they are blowing on. Unless you are over clocking I would keep the 180mm fan.

Perhaps you should look around and find something lower profile than the 212?

mrpoox

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014

Thanks )
My case : http://www.sentey.com/en/optimus-black-gs-6000
My CPU: FX-8320e
About liquid coolinng: never had expirience with it, and might as well try it (btw this is my 1st PC, and i made ~3 months ago), if there is something that will fit in my budget ( i would like to spend ~40, but +20 won't kill me).
Country: I live in US( moved 2 years ago, so my english still not great)
Overclocking: ~+.3( i would love to do more, but this summer temp will kill me).
Thanks for help ^_^

videl

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
For the 40-60 dollar range I recommend getting a corsair hydro series cooler...

They sell refurbished units for very cheap... Like the h80 for 55 bucks http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181034

There are many other options but most are not super cheap... Corsair products are great and perform well. Their warranty is great too... the only thing is the warranty is only for 1 year on refurbished products...

mrpoox

Reputable
Dec 14, 2014

I don't mind refurbish staff, but not for liquid cooler, don't wanna risk my system, but thanks for help