1950XT slooow

nem2k

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
my 1950xt is about 2-3 weeks old, and up until earlier today it was running just fine
i was getting about 6100 on 3dmark06 which is about average

today i was playing with the multiplier on my motherboard, changing the fsb, just general overclocking of the cpu, didnt really touch the graphics card

then i run PCmark06 and my graphics score drops to below 4000 (it was about 7-8000 before)
and in 3Dmark06, i didnt even finish the bench because it was running so slow. during the first benchmark test with the minigun guy, i was getting about 10fps which is shocking 8O

so...anyone know whats wrong with this thing? i havent touched anything to do with the gpu, its still running the latest drivers and everything, just all of a sudden the performance has dropped by more than half and i dont know why

rammedstein

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
did you lower of increase your fsb, if you lowered it to accommodate a higher multiplier you may have seriously knocked down your ram, also, check to see if your mobo didn't set the latencies to default when you overclocked, some do that as a precaution automatically