1st Pc Build Compatibility

DragonMarioMC

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
Hi, im 13 and this is going to be my new pc. Can anyone please confirm that these parts are compatible? Im from UK and am purchasing most of my parts from Switzerland. I want to overclock my cpu to the limits and have regular pc updates. My total budget is £930. Im not willing to change anything but if therres any incompatibility (not phisycal, already checked), please leave me a suggestion for a different part. Im going to order it 29th March (unless a great price opportunity). By the way, all the black prices are parts ordered from abroad. I used this site https://en.toppreise.ch and suggest to anyone looking for cheap parts from EU. Also i need suggestions for a quality psu under £80
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/TvHZgs
And heres my entire pc build

Onefurrybanana

Reputable
May 13, 2015
The cx is not a good quality build and poor quality psu's have been know to destroy entire pcs. I would recommend the evga g2 but since you said you weren't willing to change your parts it should work and supply enough power.

DragonMarioMC

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
Because it turns out that i can save around £100-£150 and delivery is free mostly to the UK. Also, i know that 32GB ram is overkill but i want my pc to be somewhat futureproof and havethe spare 2 DIMM slots

You're making my point for me but not seeing it. You're spending £912 on a system that will get you 60-80 fps in graphically demanding games on high settings at 1080p.

Even if the RAM only gets you 2 fps more on average, that means you're getting at least a 2.5% increase in performance for a 2.7% increase in cost. That's almost a linear price/performance benefit, which is absolutely amazing in this price range!

http://www.legitreviews.com/ddr4-memory-scaling-intel-z170-finding-the-best-ddr4-memory-kit-speed_170340/5

DDR4 2400-2666 seems to be the sweet spot for skylake chips acc. to most reviews. There are diminishing returns after that. You could also buy a 2133 kit with a heatsink and overclock it up to 2400/2666.

Also, you can save the chunk you'd be spending on the RAM by getting a ND14 cooler instead of the 15. Your overclock will be limited by manufacturing flaws long before heat becomes an issue, and there is barely any performance difference between the coolers. You could even save a lot of money with a Hyper 212 EVO and probably get the same overclock out of it.

The hyper 212 EVO kept a 3770K at 90c under full load (105c is the max safe temp for the chip), and thy ivy bridge chips run hotter than Skylake.

http://www.relaxedtech.com/reviews/noctua/nh-d15/8

Everyone here is trying to help you get the most performance for your money (for free), but ultimately it's your money.

I think that you could get a better power supply than that 80+ Bronze you have picked out... 80+ Bronze means that it's more than 80% efficient but is likely less than 90% efficient when comparing the power the system is consuming to the power being drawn from the wall. I would suggest a PSU rated at 80+ Gold (or Platinum, but those are usually very expensive although they're the most efficient). Paying a few extra pounds for a high efficiency PSU will pay for itself within five or six months because of the reduction of your power bill compared to lower efficiency cheaper power supplies.

I'm not sure about that time period being so short... But for me my 80+ Gold PSU paid off the difference via saving on the power bill within four months, but my machine is one kilowatt, so there's a bit of a difference between how power hungry our systems are.

do the sums, the payback period is in years unless it is on at full power 24x7.

A 1KW PSU does not mean a 1KW machine, it will pull what the components demand.

So lets talk about a normal 300W from the wall system i5+970. The difference between PSU's might be 5% efficiency, so that's 15W, It therefore takes 60-70 hours to save one unit of electricity, lets cal that 60 hours, so every 60 hours of full power usage you save around 10p in the UK. so to save a £1, you need 600 hours of full on usage. To save the £30 difference in price you might see you need 18,000 hours. So lets say that you use it at full power for 8 hours a day that 2,250 days of usage before you get payback, 6 Years.

So no it's never worth it. If you factor in the increase in efficiency at idle wattages, that'll be more like a 5W saving, 180 hours per unit, and so the saving period is longer than the lifespan of the PSU.

DragonMarioMC

Honorable
Nov 24, 2015
I have finally decided and bought everyting using the suggestions. I have decided on parts from amazon and ebuyer, including the
CORSAIR RM750i Power supply 750W 80+ Gold
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX ram @ 2400Mhz

Windows i've taken from an old Laptop. Turned out that that version was fully bought and could be reused, especially since there was the full windows Product key at the back. I downloaded windows from microsoft's website and used a USB 2.0 drive to boot the Windows 10 installation. The pc now works fabulously and it's true, you really dont need any more than 12GB for gaming currently.