Question 1tb SSD or 240gb SSD + 1tb HDD?

123Requiem

Reputable
Nov 25, 2019
1.) Was planning to make a future pc build and im still confused regarding my drives. Im planning for 240gb ssd for boot and some most played games and 1tb hdd for storage. Some ppl suggested that its better to go for ssd instead, maybe 500gb-1tb . What can u guys suggest?

2.) And also i have an old Seagate 500gb hdd, i was planning to use this old one for my future build so is it possible to go for 1ssd + 2hdd ? and if so , what should i consider first before adding the drives ?
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/3HO47qN

I got this one from a pre-build pc way back 2014, idk if there would be any compatibility issues on this one.

Thanks <3

Lutfij

Titan
We will need to know what motherboard you're working with. Some boards will have their SATA port disabled when some or more hardware are added to certain slots on the board.

How is your proposed build looking like?
List your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'd go for the SSD + HDD route since you shouldn't be creating more than one partition on an SSD if you hope to have it run at maximum speed/performance(other than the partitions Windows 10 creates when under UEFI).

It's also beneficial since you don't loose everything when you format the SSD. If your board supports, maybe pick up two SSD's, one large for your game library and one small for the OS/app's.

123Requiem

Reputable
Nov 25, 2019
We will need to know what motherboard you're working with. Some boards will have their SATA port disabled when some or more hardware are added to certain slots on the board.

How is your proposed build looking like?
List your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I'd go for the SSD + HDD route since you shouldn't be creating more than one partition on an SSD if you hope to have it run at maximum speed/performance(other than the partitions Windows 10 creates when under UEFI).

It's also beneficial since you don't loose everything when you format the SSD. If your board supports, maybe pick up two SSD's, one large for your game library and one small for the OS/app's.
Im planning to go for this build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dGdXyk but for the motherboard im still undecided whether the asrock b450m pro4 , asrock b450m steel legend, or msi b450m mortar max.

For the chassis still not so sure what to choose , the thermaltake in my build seems not available in my place. If u can suggest a good and cheap ones would be really happy.

For OS , Win10 64bit .