2.0.1 alpha 59

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi all,

The latest alpha is available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

This one brings some major changes. First and foremost, Oskar Eisemuth
has been able to implement a new switch, "irregularstations on". You can
guess what this does... yes, it allows irregular stations. It essentially
replaces the "largestations" switch, because it allows you to build all
kinds of irregular stations, with both directions, different lengths,
different numbers of platforms, anything. The only limit is that the
station as a whole must be no more than 15x15 in size.

While adding new pieces to the station is straightforward, a note of
warning for removing them: by default, the bulldozer will remove the
entire station, including all irregular sections. However, if you hold
down "Ctrl" while bulldozing a tile, only that tile will be removed. Of
course, the old "overbuilding" feature remains, so you can build new
sections on top of other sections, and they don't have to overlap exactly,
nor even match in direction!

Aside from this, Mek has implemented the "morestatistics" feature, which
at the moment counts the amount of each cargo transported by a company.
You can access it from the company window, or by opening the company
window while holding "Ctrl".

Finally, I've changed how waypoints are displayed in the orders window.
Previously, it was hard to tell what stations were waypoints and what
stations weren't. Now, all orders to stations at which the train will not
stop (this is both waypoints, and non-stop orders if the "nonstop" switch
is on) will be shown as "Route through Flinfingbury West".

Other than that, the changes are mostly bugfixes and the occasional new
tool for .grf authors. See below for the full list.

And now, have fun with irregular stations!

Josef

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 59:
- new generic var.action 2 variable 7F, a 60+x variable that
accesses the grf param (from Action D etc.) given by its parameter
- fixed bug with newsounds action 0 always overriding ID 0 and
following
- fixed crash when displaying some PBS signals
- changed [mainhandlertable] to varptr ophandler
- improved encoding of sparse relocations for ptrvars with few or
very widely distributed accesses
- actually added new miscflags and cargo class properties
- added correct error codes to station action 0 sprite errors
- added vehicle callback 31 to determine whether vehicle may be
started in depot
- fixed bug with refittability due to cargo classes setting capacity
to 0
- by Csaba:
* Bug fixed: Scrollbar arrows stuck pushed in the industry fund
window and the cargo payment rates window
* Bug fixed: Sound priorities were handled incorrectly
* Bug fixed: The new cargo payment window didn't always display
the last cargo available
* (devel) Newhouses data is now allocated dinamically if the
switch is on. This saves roughly 15Kb memory for those who
disable this switch.
* Industry tile var. 43 can now be used during callback 2F
* TTD bug fixed: sometimes a bogus message could be displayed
instead of "Site unsuitable" when trying to build an
industry.
* Bug fixed: Industry variable 8A was incorrect during callback
28
* "Cht: RestartConst" now works on industries as well
- fixed crash using callback 30
- added ID, feature and callback info to crash log
- fixed resolve.pl, was giving wrong addresses since introduction of
.ptr
- fixed integer division overflow when adjusting newcargo price
factors
- fixed hang with tilting trains if curve speed setting was not
realistic
- changed all non-stop orders (waypoints or explicit) to say "Route
through X", or "Route non-stop through X" for non-stop waypoint
orders with "nonstop off"
- fixed bug in loading/unloading: it applied a cargo limit for heavy
trains even if not using realistic acceleration
- added callback 32, called every 32 days that determines whether to
trigger vehicle trigger 10 (for now, may be able to do more later)
- added vehicle variable 46, motion counter for animated vehicles
- added division and modulo operations to action D
- fixed caching of 40+x vehicle variables again (broken since a56)
- added variable 5F, returns random trigger bits for all features
that support them (i.e. the triggers which have been triggered at
the moment)
- by Mek: fixed bug if train was sent to the depot, fifo loading
would get stuck
- by Csaba:
* two new return values for callback 28
* Bug fixed: Acceptance change messages weren't generated for
new cargos
- fixed bug/crash when industry props. 0B..14 were being set with
nprops>1
- use cargo class 0 for deciding what appears as bus stations, but
allow only regular passengers at bus stops
- by Oskar: "irregularstations on" allows building irregular
stations
- by Mek: "morestatistics on" collects statistics on transported
cargo
- station var 45 corners no longer consider connections to tiles 2/3

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Josef Drexler wrote:

> The latest alpha is available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

That's great! I love the one-way roads and the irregular stations...

Just a couple of things...

- Bus stops don't seem to work any more. The buses just drive straight
past, still looking for the stop.

- I can't build a beer lorry. Is that because I've done something
wrong, or because no-one has designed one yet? (Not that I'm
complaining, I wish I had the technical and artistic skill to
contribute a set but, well, my talents lie elsewhere...)

--
Stevie D
\\\\\ ///// Bringing dating agencies to the

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:38:59 +0100, Stevie D
<stevieinyork@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>- Bus stops don't seem to work any more. The buses just drive straight
>past, still looking for the stop.

Perhaps not particularly helpful, but they seem to be ok on mine...
try a new game and do they do it there?

Chris

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 22:38:59 +0100, Stevie D wrote:

> Josef Drexler wrote:
>
>> The latest alpha is available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/
>
> That's great! I love the one-way roads and the irregular stations...
>
> Just a couple of things...
>
> - Bus stops don't seem to work any more. The buses just drive straight
> past, still looking for the stop.

What do those busses transport? Tourists? Do you have any new cargo sets
loaded?

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------
Please help Conserve Gravity | Email address is *valid*.
Walk with a light step. | Don't remove the "nospam" part.

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

game crashes when clicking on a transitstation(ship-train). maybe it's
because of the big amount of oil there?

[info]
//ttdxcversion=2.6.5
//ttdpversion=TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 59 (Windows)
//winversion=Windows XP (version 5.1 build 2600) Service Pack 2
[additionalc]
enhancemultiplayer=on // 'enhancemultiplayer' (-u) enhances multiplayer
games by allowing more human players.
fifoloading=off // 'fifoloading' (-YF) enable FIFO loading.
irregularstations=on // 'irregularstations' (no command line switch) allows
to build station in irregular forms.
locomotiongui.usenewgui=on //'locomotiongui' (-U) enable the new locomotion
style gui.
morestatistics=on // 'morestatistics' (no command line switch) enables
collection of more statistics (only works if enhancegui is also enabled).
newcargos=on // 'newcargos' (no command line switch) enables support for new
cargo types.
newindustries=on //'newindustries' (no command line switch) enables support
for new industry types.
newsounds=on // 'newsounds' (no command line switch) allows adding new
sounds to the game via custom GRF files.
onewayroads=on // 'onewayroads' (no command line switch) enables one-way
roads
tempsnowline=on // 'tempsnowline' (no command line switch) enables snow line
on temperate (needs an appropriate GRF file to actually show snow)
townroadbranchprob=off // 'townroadbranchprob' (no command line switch)
changes the probability of a town building a road branch. 0 means almost no
branches, FFFF means branch everywhere possible. TTD's default is 6666.
Range 0..65535. Default 21845.
[ttdxconfig]
abandonedroads=0
aiboost=off
aibuildairchance=off
aibuildrailchance=off
aibuildrvchance=off
aichoosechances=off
autorenew=-6
bribe=on
bridgespeedlimits=90
buildoncoasts=on
buildonslopes=on
buildwhilepaused=on
canals=on
cheatscost=on
curves=3320
custombridgeheads=on
debtmax=on
disasters=off
diskmenu=on
electrifiedrailway=on
enginespersist=on
enhanceddifficultysettings=on
enhancegui=on
enhancemultiplayer=on
errorpopuptime=3
eternalgame=on
experimentalfeatures=126
extpresignals=on
extradynamite=on
fastwagonsell=on
feederservice=off
fifoloading=off
forceautorenew=on
forcerebuildovl=on
freighttrains=2
fullloadany=on
gamespeed=on
generalfixes=on
gotodepot=on
gradualloading=on
higherbridges=on
keepsmallairport=on
largertowns=4
largestations=on
loadallgraphics=on
loadtime=on
locomotiongui=off
longbridges=on
lostaircraft=off
lostrvs=off
lostships=off
losttrains=off
lowmemory=off
mammothtrains=on
manualconvert=on
maprefresh=1
miscmods=5377
moreairports=on
moreanimation=1000
morebuildoptions=62
morecurrencies=16
morehotkeys=on
moreindustriesperclimate=on
morenews=on
moresteam=23
moretownstats=on
morevehicles=40
morewindows=11
mountains=3320
mousewheel=1
moveerrorpopup=on
multihead=35
networktimeout=off
newagerating=on
newbridges=on
newcargodistribution=on
newcargos=on
newhouses=on
newindustries=on
newperformance=off
newplanes=on
newrvcrash=1
newrvs=on
newships=on
newshistory=on
newspapercolour=1937
newstations=on
newtownnames=on
newtrains=on
noinflation=on
nonstop=on
officefood=on
pathbasedsignalling=15
planecrashcontrol=48
planes=off
planespeed=off
plantmanytrees=7
presignals=on
resolutionheight=768
resolutionwidth=1024
roadvehs=off
rvqueueing=on
saveoptionaldata=on
selectgoods=on
semaphores=on
servint=545
sharedorders=on
ships=off
showfulldate=on
showprofitinlist=on
showspeed=on
signal1waittime=70
signal2waittime=20
signalsontrafficside=on
signcheats=on
sortvehlist=240
spread=25
stableindustry=off
startyear=1950
stretchwindow=640
subsidiaries=on
tempsnowline=on
tgractstationexist=0
tgractstations=0
tgractstationsweight=0
tgrfizzydrinksinoptim=0
tgrfizzydrinksinweight=0
tgrfoodinmin=0
tgrfoodinoptim=0
tgrfoodinweight=0
tgrgoodsinoptim=0
tgrgoodsinweight=0
tgrmailinoptim=0
tgrmailinweight=0
tgrmailoutweight=0
tgrpassinmax=0
tgrpassinweight=0
tgrpassoutweight=0
tgrsweetsinoptim=0
tgrsweetsinweight=0
tgrtownsizebase=0
tgrtownsizefactor=0
tgrwaterinmin=0
tgrwaterinoptim=0
tgrwaterinweight=0
townbuildnoroads=on
towngrowthlimit=64
towngrowthratemax=0
towngrowthratemin=0
towngrowthratemode=0
townminpopulationdesert=0
townminpopulationsnow=0
townroadbranchprob=0
toylandfeatures=off
tracktypecostdiff=on
trainrefit=on
trains=240
unifiedmaglev=1
verbose=off
wagonspeedlimits=off
win2k=on
windowsnap=0

Crashtxt
TTD V0019EE00 Crash Log by TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 59 (Windows)

Exception C0000005 at 001B:005454F5

EAX EBX ECX EDX
00000420 0000000A 000000EC 0000004F

ESI EDI ESP EBP
098D0000 004F8F59 0006F9AA 0043D4E0

DS ES FS GS SS Flags
0023 0023 003B 0000 0023 00010216
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF 00000FFF ######## FFFFFFFF (Segment limits)
00CFF300 00CFF300 0040F300 ######## 00CFF300 (Access rights)

Bytes at DS:EIP
AC 0A C0 74 26 3C 0A 76 19 3C 0F 76 19 3C 1F 76

Stack Dump:
005454ED 005459D2 0042809A 00545074 8F448F44 004F004F 7FFF00EC
0054C2F4
004A3674 0002004F 00000003 A1C017FB FD1E004E A1C00056 03C0004E
00400070
00000018 60000023 FB3A0285 A1C00056 0088004E 00180040 4D5F0000
F16C0055
1C840056 001801E6 BAEA0000 B1EE0056 B0910055 FF2C0055 5A180006
00000040

Handler Stack Dump (at 0023:0006F758):
00004011 EF308000 BFFDD837 00000000 00000000 0000003B 00000023
00000023
004F8F59 098D0000 0000000A 0000004F 000000EC 00000420 0043D4E0
005454F5
0000001B 00010216 0006F9AA 00000023 0000027F 00000000 00000000
00000000
00000000 00000000 00001F80 0000FFFF 60636260 60616362 0000FFFF
00000000

Patch flags:
DBFCF9DF FFFEFFFF E1F37FFF 0000F7FF 00000000 00000000 003DB79D
A0000000
0000006F 00001501 000003E8 007E0221 00960791 01900096 016D005A
76260280
13B14EC4 03000400 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
00000000
00000000 00000000 2F2F2819 F0F0F0F0 46FF2330 025A0114 4004031E
00011007
01F0233E 0102010A 1400000B 010F0401 000000FA

rupprecht wrote:
> game crashes when clicking on a transitstation(ship-train). maybe it's
> because of the big amount of oil there?

It's not the amount of oil. However, TTD is trying to display the name
of something and can't find the name. I suggest you might try turning
off grf sets and see if there's one set which causes this error. That
might be a clue about what's wrong.

--
Josef Drexler | http://jdrexler.com/home/
---------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Josef Drexler wrote:

> What do those busses transport? Tourists? Do you have any new cargo sets
> loaded?

They were just ordinary buses. I do have the new cargo sets loaded,
with fish and beer, but there's no sign of any tourists anywhere.

Running alpha 59 for DOS. Tried it with new games in different
climates and it makes no difference, the buses still drive straight
past the bus stop without realising it's there.

--

Stevie D wrote:
> Josef Drexler wrote:
>

>>What do those busses transport? Tourists? Do you have any new cargo sets
>>loaded?
>

> They were just ordinary buses. I do have the new cargo sets loaded,
> with fish and beer, but there's no sign of any tourists anywhere.
>
> Running alpha 59 for DOS. Tried it with new games in different
> climates and it makes no difference, the buses still drive straight
> past the bus stop without realising it's there.

Turns out I was checking the wrong variable. Ah well, it's fixed in
alpha 60.

--

"Josef Drexler" <nospam0905@joesbox.cjb.net> wrote in message

> Hi all,
>
> The latest alpha is available at http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/
>
> This one brings some major changes. First and foremost, Oskar Eisemuth
> has been able to implement a new switch, "irregularstations on". You can
> guess what this does... yes, it allows irregular stations. It essentially
> replaces the "largestations" switch, because it allows you to build all
> kinds of irregular stations, with both directions, different lengths,
> different numbers of platforms, anything. The only limit is that the
> station as a whole must be no more than 15x15 in size.

Excellent! My long dreamed-for bay-plaforms have arrived! :)

> Finally, I've changed how waypoints are displayed in the orders window.
> Previously, it was hard to tell what stations were waypoints and what
> stations weren't. Now, all orders to stations at which the train will not
> stop (this is both waypoints, and non-stop orders if the "nonstop" switch
> is on) will be shown as "Route through Flinfingbury West".

Would "pass Flinfingbury West" not allow great brevity?

Great news on the new feature, though! Just as I was coming to the end of an
old game, too!

--
Ronnie
--

Ronnie Clark wrote:
> "Josef Drexler" <nospam0905@joesbox.cjb.net> wrote in message
>
>>Finally, I've changed how waypoints are displayed in the orders window.
>>Previously, it was hard to tell what stations were waypoints and what
>>stations weren't. Now, all orders to stations at which the train will not
>>stop (this is both waypoints, and non-stop orders if the "nonstop" switch
>>is on) will be shown as "Route through Flinfingbury West".
>
> Would "pass Flinfingbury West" not allow great brevity?

You're free to edit it using ttdpttxt.txt and mkpttxt.exe.

Still, perhaps it would be better to make that the default, but I think
"route through" conveys better that the train won't stop.

> Great news on the new feature, though! Just as I was coming to the end of an
> old game, too!

:eek:

Never!