Intel i7-12700k
Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Corsair RM850x
Samsung 2Tb NVMe SSD for my C:
SanDisk 1Tb NVme SSD
2TB Toshiba HD
older 500G SSD non vme
Windows 11 Last update 7/7/22

Built this about 3 months ago. and havnt had any issues. I was working in Excel, when things just started getting slow. I restarted the system and the MB was stuck with the VGA debug light on for about 2-3 minutes sometimes up to 5. I removed the graphics card thinking it was bad...still same problem. I left it on and switched to my laptop but after about 5 minutes the MSI logo appeared. It took about 3-4 minutes to get to the logo then another 2-3 minutes to get to the windows loading. Windows works fine. I didn't try to overload it though.

I called MSI they suggested a clean install of windows (done) no effect.
They suggested a BIOS update (done) no effect.

It still takes almost 5 minutes to get to the BIOS screen (where it tells you press del to enter BIOS).
I am stumped. Anyone have any ideas on what this could be?

One of the components might have a problem reporting to BIOS and that's why it takes so long. I would start with removing all drives and all other non-essential devices (like case fans, hubs, LEDs) and see if that solves it. If not next step would be to check RAM sticks one by one. If nothing helps then its most likely motherboard gone bad.

Reactions: Itchyzip
Jul 15, 2022
One of the components might have a problem reporting to BIOS and that's why it takes so long. I would start with removing all drives and all other non-essential devices (like case fans, hubs, LEDs) and see if that solves it. If not next step would be to check RAM sticks one by one. If nothing helps then its most likely motherboard gone bad.
THANKS!! Ill try this. FUn times

Jul 15, 2022
YOU FREAKIN ROCK!!!! it was my old HD. In all these years building I've never seen this happen. Thank you!

Reactions: DRagor

TRENDING THREADS