2.4 Ghz wireless networking and wireless phones

My 2.4 ghz phone interferes with my 2.4 ghz network. Anyone know what, if
any, effect the 5.8 ghz phones with have on the wireless network?

Thanks for your help.

-Bob

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:55:34 GMT, "Omar" <justice@lifelessons.org>
wrote:

>My 2.4 ghz phone interferes with my 2.4 ghz network. Anyone know what, if
>any, effect the 5.8 ghz phones with have on the wireless network?

None. The frequencies are sufficiently seperated to not have any
effect on each other.

Before you toss your unspecified 2.4GHz cordless phone, you might
wanna try a different channel on your unspecified 2.4GHz access point
or router. The Panasonic 2.4GHz DSSS phones use the lower channels so
stay away from Channel 1. Your other options are 6 and 11. You only
need to change it on the access point or router as the client radios
will follow (unless you are running an ad hoc network).

You might also consider a 900MHz cordless phone, which also will not
interfere with 2.4Ghz, and is much cheaper and has better range than
5.8Ghz.

Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

If you have a 2.4 Ghz 802.11b/g network, 5.8 Ghz phones have no effect on it
at all. Even with a 2.4 Ghz phone, you can usually select a channel for your
network, or a channel for the phone, that eliminates interference.

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:59:52 GMT, "gary" <pleasenospam@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>If you have a 2.4 Ghz 802.11b/g network, 5.8 Ghz phones have no effect on it
>at all. Even with a 2.4 Ghz phone, you can usually select a channel for your
>network, or a channel for the phone, that eliminates interference.

which frequency do mobiles work on ?

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<sam1967@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 16:59:52 GMT, "gary" <pleasenospam@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>
> >If you have a 2.4 Ghz 802.11b/g network, 5.8 Ghz phones have no effect on
it
> >at all. Even with a 2.4 Ghz phone, you can usually select a channel for
your
> >network, or a channel for the phone, that eliminates interference.
> >
> which frequency do mobiles work on ?

Mobiles, or cell phones as we call them in the US. operate on a wide variety
of licensed frequencies, using a wide variety of standards. They do not
operate in the 900 Mhz, 2.4 Ghz, or 5Ghz unlicensed bands, and should not
cause interference with 802.11 networks (or any other device that operates
in the unlicensed bands).

mark

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:57:02 GMT, "gary" <pleasenospam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> which frequency do mobiles work on ?
>>

>Mobiles, or cell phones as we call them in the US. operate on a wide variety
>of licensed frequencies, using a wide variety of standards. They do not
>operate in the 900 Mhz,

Yes they do cross in to the lower 900Mhz band.