2.5mm Cable to USB Adapter

NickL_502

Reputable
Mar 5, 2016
So I'm looking for a 2.5mm audio cable to USB adapter so that I can put my 2 audio cables (mic and sound) into a usb adapter and then plug that into my computer
The problem is that I cant find one anywhere, I have seen them on the g430 Logitech Headset but Im not buying that just for one adapter.
Anyone know where I can find them?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Solution
I would go with this one.. Mic and sound, usb, good user reviews. Pretty much all you could need, However it does seem to have bad factory settings, which this comment solves:

"When this unit came, I plugged it in and the instillation was quick. I noticed that this sounded a bit worse than my cheap laptop's sound card... Saw other bad reviews and thought something was up... after some tinkering, I found that the fix to set the sound quality is to open up the sound control panel. Then click on the adapter and click 'properties'. Then go to the 'enhancements' tab and check 'Bass Boost' & 'Virtual Surround'. Then go to the 'Advanced' tab and make it so the drop-down list selects '16 bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality)' instead of the crappy...

DamagedEngine

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
I would go with this one.. Mic and sound, usb, good user reviews. Pretty much all you could need, However it does seem to have bad factory settings, which this comment solves:

"When this unit came, I plugged it in and the instillation was quick. I noticed that this sounded a bit worse than my cheap laptop's sound card... Saw other bad reviews and thought something was up... after some tinkering, I found that the fix to set the sound quality is to open up the sound control panel. Then click on the adapter and click 'properties'. Then go to the 'enhancements' tab and check 'Bass Boost' & 'Virtual Surround'. Then go to the 'Advanced' tab and make it so the drop-down list selects '16 bit, 48000Hz (DVD Quality)' instead of the crappy CD quality. I found that the sound is higher in quality and sounds amazing compared to the built in one..." - Kyle 170

Solution

Why the hell would you ever do that??? 99.999% of consumer computers come with 3.5mm jacks for headphones and mics (and some have combo jack). If you are using a 2.5mm TRRS connector (4 stripes) you just need something like http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/945088-REG/startech_muyhsfmm_headset_adapter_m_m.html and a 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRRS plug (or find a 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS x2 cable, or make one!)