2 8 slot gpu with a 6 to 6 pci and a 7 to 8 slot pci

CallMePapaSmurf

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
I bought a sapphire r9 390 recently but it has two 8 slot connectors on it. I have a cord that has 8 slots in one side and on the other end has 8 slots but 1 slot is empty (with no cord running into the last opening) Can I plug the end with the 8 slot into my gpu and the end with the 7 slots into my psu with no problems?. Also for the second 8 slot on my gpu, can I put a 6 slot into it(leaving two slots open) and then plug the other end of the 6 slot (which is also 6) into my psu (leaving two slots open there also?) I can't seem to find any answers online so i decided to make my own question. ::ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:: here are the list of all my cords. (slots,on one end to slots on the other end.) ::6 to 6, 8 to 7, x2 8 to 8 (male to female)::
::my psu is female with x2 8 by 8 slots and so is my gpu (female with. x2 8 by8 slots)::
::700 watt PSU::

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

make and model of power supply?

CallMePapaSmurf

Reputable
Oct 6, 2015
make and model of power supply?[/quotemsg]
When i searched i found this ::FirePower ModXStream Pro 700MXSP 700W 80Plus Semi-Modular High Performance ATX PC Power Supply - Formerly PC Power & Cooling:: but the model number is:: 0cz700mxsp :: It says ocz technology on it .
make and model of power supply?[/quotemsg]