Question 2 b450 mobos possibly dead on arrival

Mar 9, 2019
So i got two new b450 tomahawk motherboards(one for me, another for a friend) and both of them won't boot or even give a fan spin. I paired them with a r3 1200 and ruled out the ram or psu as the culprits. The only thing that works is the led light that lights up when you press the "bios flashback" button.
Please help

Mar 9, 2019
I tried two psus and two different ram modules to check and see if one of them may have been the culprit.
First 8gb ddr4 ballistix @ 2400mhz, then 8gb ddr4 @3000mhz
As for the psu: first 430 watt cx430 and then an evga 850 watt gq.

So i got two new b450 tomahawk motherboards(one for me, another for a friend) and both of them won't boot or even give a fan spin. I paired them with a r3 1200 and ruled out the ram or psu as the culprits. The only thing that works is the led light that lights up when you press the "bios flashback" button.
Please help

If you have a speaker, connect it and read the beep codes...or does Tomahawk have trouble LED's that are lighing?? I agree that if you don't have a GPU it could be just announcing that as a problem and then sit patiently waiting for you to fix it.

I'd also try a battery-pull CMOS reset if it still does it with a GPU.

Mar 9, 2019
I tried using an rx 570 4gb gigabyte, and still nothing. I'll try looking for a speaker, but j doubt that will do anything as not even the error lights go on

Update:
I actually got it to work, so i switched off the psu, went to get a monitor, tried to turn it on again and i get the same issue

I had a problem once where the only way my computer would start is if i lifted my headphones up and put them on before i started it. What the problem turned out to be was the headphone cord tugging on the power cord plug in the PSU such that lifting them up to put on removed the weight allowing the loose plug to make contact. The fix was to firmly insert the power cord in the PSU.

Double check all connections that they are firmly inserted.