[SOLVED] 2 bay 5.25" optical drive case recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2021
I have a large PC tower case and want to take the two optical drives (burners) and put them into an external case. Thus, I am looking for a 2-bay external optical drive case (5.25" full size). SATA internally, with an USB 3.0 external connector. If possible, eSATA would be nice. I am having a hard time finding such an animal, and would appreciate your recommendations.

Something similar to the Vantec NexStar DX, but with 2 bays:
https://vantecusa.com/products_deta...losures&pt_id=1&pt_name=Hard+Drive+Enclosures

Solution
just get 2 mercury pros and put them next to each other, or connect them somehow and stack them and tie the cords together on them so there's no wire tangle disaster., or better yet get a case with multiple 5.25 drive bays. I have my blu ray burner in my computer case, which only has one slot, and my dvd burner using sata to usb sitting on my studio monitor speaker lol. the only reason i need 2 drives hooked up is because when im doing stuff with dvds I would rather put wear and tear on my dvd drive that i could care less about so my blu ray drive lasts longer.

OWC Mercury Pro Enclosure for 5.25" Optical Drive OWCMR3UKIT B&H (bhphotovideo.com)

Pc6777

Honorable
Dec 18, 2014
just get 2 mercury pros and put them next to each other, or connect them somehow and stack them and tie the cords together on them so there's no wire tangle disaster., or better yet get a case with multiple 5.25 drive bays. I have my blu ray burner in my computer case, which only has one slot, and my dvd burner using sata to usb sitting on my studio monitor speaker lol. the only reason i need 2 drives hooked up is because when im doing stuff with dvds I would rather put wear and tear on my dvd drive that i could care less about so my blu ray drive lasts longer.

OWC Mercury Pro Enclosure for 5.25" Optical Drive OWCMR3UKIT B&H (bhphotovideo.com)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.