2 Bay NAS with 12 TB Max Storage

Jan 26, 2015
Hi..I'm a ardent movie addict .I download a lot ..Since I lost 2 of my Backup+ HDD's of Seagate within 2 year of Use,I'm now looking for a change..

While discussing with fellow friends they suggested to have NAS.But they have no idea further.,

Here's my requirement after a little bit google.

I look for a 2 Bay NAS Storage which can hold upto 12-15 TB's. I like to use the recent WD RED NAS HDD's (upto 6 TB) each time.. So any good suggestions Also a good withstanding one which can run for at least 6-8 hours a day....

I'm waiting for good suggestions!!

Solution
Netgear & Western Digital both make NAS boxes - though from personal experience I have always had better performance from Synology items.
A good NAS box can easily be a slow performer with a bad choice of HDD's installed.

ulysses35

Distinguished
I hope you are using legitimate download options (ie paying a subscription or paying per film) - NAS boxes are very handy devices, the advantage of two or more bays is more storage - or in the case of security using one bay as a back up option (RAID) - most boxes also have an idle feature, that when they are not being directly accessed go in to sleep / lower power mode.

If you are planning to use them on a wired network the access time is going to be the most important feature for you. The real question being how much you wish to spend... cheap ones (no drives) start around £80-90 for a reasonable quality one

Jan 26, 2015
I forget to mention.. I have 2 LED TV"s @ home..So i frequently stream them to watch in TV ..Also sometime to record some program in HD for later viewing...So only I'm looking for a 2 bay one upto 12 TB..I know diskless bays are cheap but want to get one which is worth for the money paying and have to withstand over a period of time...

Any good ones like WD or Netgear??WIth model No exclusively..Since I use WD Green in my desk I like to go with WD RED in my NAS..That's why I'm looking around!!

ulysses35

Distinguished
Netgear & Western Digital both make NAS boxes - though from personal experience I have always had better performance from Synology items.
A good NAS box can easily be a slow performer with a bad choice of HDD's installed.

Solution
Jan 26, 2015
So what your recommendation will be ?? In India Synology is not available..Even if available @ a higher prices.. So I've choices limited to WD,Seagate and Netgear..But Some of my colleagues suggested not to go to NetGear..

So I'll stick with WD ..But WD doesn't offer such NAS as per my requirement!! Any Good Suggestions??