[SOLVED] 2 BEEPS NO POST

Feb 7, 2022
Hey guys, so recently I just upgraded from a Ryzen 3 3200g to a Ryzen 5 2600 and when I turn on the pc, all fans including the cpu fans, case fans, gpu fans spin. The only problem I have now is there's no display, just blackscreen, but I hear 2 beeps from my motherboard speaker, upon checking online, it indicates that it is a memory issue. Even with my Ryzen 3 3200g, this memory actually failed once on me, causing the same issue I have now, luckily I was able to make the pc up and running again using an eraser of a pencil and cleaning out the gold pins on the ram. Just want to hear any insights on this before I plan on buying a new ram if that is really the issue, which I'm pretty sure it is by now.

Troubleshooting I did:
CPU: Checked each of the pins to see if any are bent and all pins seem fine. Can't check with an extra CPU right now since I sold my 3200g beforehand, but the CPU is likely not the issue.

Mobo: Removing the ram, there are 3 beeps now, indicating that there is no ram installed. When I put back the ram, the same 2 beeps occur. I even tried to remove the gpu and plug in the hdmi to my motherboard but still 2 beeps. Mobo is up and alive since it is producing beeps and is showing signs of power delivery through my fans, gpu and rgb lights. Pretty certain that it is also not a bios issue since the Ryzen 3 3200g came much later than the 2600, meaning it should be obviously supported since my 3200g worked with this same exact mobo I have and the 2600 is 2nd gen therefore, it is supported by A320's out of the box. Also, it should produce 0 beeps when it is a bios issue (searched a couple of forums on this one)

Note: I currently have no extra sticks on me right now since I'm running a single 8gig stick.

No problem with graphics card since it worked fine with my 3200g.

Cleared cmos, checked if the current cmos battery works and it sure is working. Even tried changing the cmos battery but still no luck.

PSU Power Cables: Double-checked if all power cables are in (CPU 8pin, Motherboard 24pin, GPU)

Storage drives are out of the question since it should still post without a storage drive, but there's just nothing.

Power supply is also good, 600watts, and no history of shutting down, black screens etc.

FULL SPECS:
Ryzen 5 2600
TXRUI 1x8GB 2666mhz (Shady brand but I got this one since it is pretty cheap around my area)
Biostar A32m2 (A320 board)
NVME M.2 SSD 500GB
RX 570
EVGA BR600

Solution
been able to push up to 3600MHz on a A320 mobo ?
This looks like wishful thinking
just went through setting up an AsRock A320M and had no issue at all with 2x 16GB at 3600MHz CL18 1.35v.

while i would never recommend someone getting any of these series boards except for very basic home or office use due to their lack of onboard cooling and other serious limitations, it is easily possible to still get some good performance.
been able to push up to 3600MHz on a A320 mobo ?
This looks like wishful thinking
just went through setting up an AsRock A320M and had no issue at all with 2x 16GB at 3600MHz CL18 1.35v.

while i would never recommend someone getting any of these series boards except for very basic home or office use due to their lack of onboard cooling and other serious limitations, it is easily possible to still get some good performance.

Reactions: egda23
Solution