2 GPU With 3 Monitors

pledged101

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
So I got RX580 8gb connected to my 2650px1440p Monitor (main) and my two 1080p Monitors connected to my RX480 4GB. Now is the GPUs only working on the monitors they are connected to or is one GPU doing all the work for all the monitors?

Because When I am playing games on my main monitor and if I watch Youtube on the other monitors, I lose around 10-20 FPS. Why am I losing FPS if the monitor that I am on is a different GPU then the one that I am gaming on?

Solution
Yes the main gpu does all the work and the others just act as a passthrough. I've only seen it offload on software that can choose gpu which is limited to content creation. A lot of people have done this and I tell them it doesn't offload gpu work like they think. You may see a few % but that's just from running the monitor and having to act as a passthrough. But watching youtube shouldn't be dropping 20fps. With hardware acceleration off, it won't even use any gpu so it's not the gpu's issue. It maybe only 30% cpu but is that maxing 1 core?
Yes the main gpu does all the work and the others just act as a passthrough. I've only seen it offload on software that can choose gpu which is limited to content creation. A lot of people have done this and I tell them it doesn't offload gpu work like they think. You may see a few % but that's just from running the monitor and having to act as a passthrough. But watching youtube shouldn't be dropping 20fps. With hardware acceleration off, it won't even use any gpu so it's not the gpu's issue. It maybe only 30% cpu but is that maxing 1 core?

Solution

pledged101

Reputable
Jan 5, 2017
I just found out that Windows has a feature that you can choose a program to use a GPU that uses less power or to choose one that is faster. So I am doing that now and it is putting firefox on the RX480 now.