2 GPUs in one PC?

Oct 30, 2018
Hello!
I bought an pre built PC with an AMD 128 mb or something graphics card
than I bought a new graphics card but I wonder if can use both of them at the same time
can I do this? if yes than How
Thanks

heshclub7

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
If the cards are able to run as crossfire/SLI, they must be the same kind of card. For example, a GTX 970 and 1070 would not be able to be used at the same time. However, an MSI GTX 780 and a Gigabyte GTX 780, would work. As they are both SLI compatible and the same model.

Oct 30, 2018

I dont remember name of the previous one but
new one is
Amd redeon hd 7770 2Gb vram ddr5 directx 12 (both are amd gpus)

motherboard manufacterer : Hewlett packard
model : 3029h
chipset amd 780G
thats what I know

heshclub7

Honorable
Dec 20, 2013
Both being AMD is only the first part. If they are not the same GPU then it won’t work. By the sounds of it the one you have is older and very unlikely the same as the one you purchased.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Original card has only 128 MB of VRAM? Make sure whether your slot is PCIe versus AGP. Based on the amount of VRAM, I think it could be either one.

Is this a Pentium 4 era machine? I had one P4-based system that had a PCIe slot, and a different P4-based system from around the same time period (2004 or 2005) that had an AGP slot.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
you can have two working GPU's in the same system, each driving differing monitors. this is easy.
shut down, add card, boot up, install drivers, and setup the display properties done two GPU's in one system.
as has been stated above making them work as a single unit (xfire or SLI are named after the differing ways to match and merge two GPU's to work as a single) will most likely not work at all as they are such vastly differing models.