[SOLVED] 2 GPU's without SLI

enriqueboschiero

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019
Hi I am a gamer with a desk PC. I'm Currently aiming to purchase two 1070Ti's, but not SLI

The reason I don't want to use SLI is because i can't. I'm going to be using 2 pcie riser cables so that i can lay the graphics cards flat against the bottom of my desk. I just wanted to know if it was possible to use 2 of these cards while gaming and perhaps streaming, and have no problems.

Cheers, Enrique

Solution
enriqueboschiero Any chance you could post a picture or a diagram of how you plan to orient the cards? "Maybe" someone makes a SLI bridge designed to accommodate your goal. Not to be a drag, but I feel that I must state the obvious: For the cost of two 1070 Ti's, you could instead purchase a single RTX 2080, which would be a much more elegant solution. In order to theoretically accomplish your goal, it sounds like you'd need the invention of a "cross-over" SLI bridge, where all the pin layouts are reversed on one end. I've never heard of such a bridge (cable) for SLI, but it would be interesting to see.
enriqueboschiero Any chance you could post a picture or a diagram of how you plan to orient the cards? "Maybe" someone makes a SLI bridge designed to accommodate your goal. Not to be a drag, but I feel that I must state the obvious: For the cost of two 1070 Ti's, you could instead purchase a single RTX 2080, which would be a much more elegant solution. In order to theoretically accomplish your goal, it sounds like you'd need the invention of a "cross-over" SLI bridge, where all the pin layouts are reversed on one end. I've never heard of such a bridge (cable) for SLI, but it would be interesting to see.

Solution

enriqueboschiero

Prominent
Jan 10, 2019
I currently cannot get a diagram at the moment sorry, but yeah i guess you guys are right. I was just wondering if I could use to GPU's non SLI and still get very good performance while gaming =