2 hdmi monitors, 1 dvi monitor, on a single gtx 1060?

Oct 24, 2018
Hello

I have gtx 1060 with:
2 x hdmi
2 x display port
1 x dvi

Maximum display support is 4.

Currently I'm using 2 1080p monitors, one monitor with dvi output and the second with hdmi-only output.

The question is can I add another hdmi-only monitor?

I have read somewhere that you can't connect 2 hdmi monitors at the same time on the same gpu?
Is it true?
I have all connectors, no adapters needed, but I want to run all 3 monitors (1 dvi, 2 hdmi) at the same time, possible?

2 hours of googling, and I couldn't find an answer for my question, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Solution

Yes, you can.

Certain older AMD graphics cards could only connect up to two monitors through DVI/HDMI. Third monitor and above must be connected with DisplayPort. This limitation only applies to old AMD graphics cards. NVIDIA graphics cards have never had that type of limitation. You can have all four of your monitors connected through DVI/HDMI if your graphics card has the ports.

Yes, you can.

Certain older AMD graphics cards could only connect up to two monitors through DVI/HDMI. Third monitor and above must be connected with DisplayPort. This limitation only applies to old AMD graphics cards. NVIDIA graphics cards have never had that type of limitation. You can have all four of your monitors connected through DVI/HDMI if your graphics card has the ports.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS