Question 2 identical PCs one CPU overheating, Help?

wolfhors3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2020
So I have 2 PCs both have the same size case, both have the side panel off and I just put a AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz and an RTX 4060 GPU in them. the MBs are not the same but they are similar and at a casual glance both components are sitting physically in a similar configuration. Meaning the GPU is under the CPU Ram at the top on the right etc.
So why is one of the CPUs running at 75-85c while the other is down around 50-60c When I play Starfield and it seems it may be doing the same for other games. At first it I thought it was just Starfield and then I found that other PC's CPU did not overheat. And they are the same exact CPU and cooler. Now I had a shop do the work just because it's been a long time since I changed a CPU and I didn't want to mess it up and I figured he could just pop the GPUs in while he was there, ya know. I'm using coretemp on both machines to check temps and one PC will shut it self down while the other just purrs along perfectly no problems. I'm at a loss. I ordered another cooler for the one machine before I realized the other machine didn't have a problem.
So I'm at a complete loss They are large tower cases, plenty of room for airflow. I even have the problem PC's fan turned on full all the time. And still when I play SF it cranks up to 70-80 and eventually it'll get so hot the PC blue screens and I get a cpu overheat warning.
Could overheating be a bad CPU? I've never heard of that. Um...Help?

wolfhors3

Reputable
Apr 29, 2020
Thank you, I did look at the bios or the application that comes up when you load into thae bios options. I'm sorry but I don't knpw what PBO is and I don't remember seeing anything like that. There was a game boost/mode or something but that is not enabled and I also turned the fan on all the time. Other than that I wasn't able to figure out anything else. Bios screens have changed a lot since I last fooled with a bios.