2 OS????

hi

i have a problem with my system, i was previously using
win98se but i decided to upgrade to win2k so i just load
in the win2k disc and installed win2k from there...well
eventually i got what i wanted, win2k os but i found out
something when i switch on the system. Everytime the
system will prompt me for this 2 options:
1. Microsoft Windows 2000, or
2. Microsoft Windows

well i had installed win2k, obviously i chose option 1,
but what is option 2? is it win98? why do i have 2 OS?
how can i fully uninstalled win98se on my system? i only
want to use win2k NOT win98.Help.

Thank You

dl

It sound like you simply installed win2k, rather than upgraded or clean
installed and thus have two o/s.
So does yr sys start if you select option2?
and if so which o/s?
If it starts with win98 reboot to option 1, open boot.ini and edit out ref
to option 2, then locate the win98 folder and delete - ensure this is the
win98 folder, I believe default win2k folder is 'Winnt'
If it doesnt boot simply edit boot.ini.

"B" <desmond1980@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi
>
> i have a problem with my system, i was previously using
> win98se but i decided to upgrade to win2k so i just load
> in the win2k disc and installed win2k from there...well
> eventually i got what i wanted, win2k os but i found out
> something when i switch on the system. Everytime the
> system will prompt me for this 2 options:
> 1. Microsoft Windows 2000, or
> 2. Microsoft Windows
>
> well i had installed win2k, obviously i chose option 1,
> but what is option 2? is it win98? why do i have 2 OS?
> how can i fully uninstalled win98se on my system? i only
> want to use win2k NOT win98.Help.
>
> Thank You

Thank You for your advice and feedback...
Sorry about the multi-posting...im just too desperate for
help hope u can understand...
now what i want is to do a clean install of W2K. Its ok
even if it needs to format my HDD. All i want is to delete
everything and have a clean and new W2K as my OS.

How do i go about having everything deleted and just have
Win2K install?

Thank You Very Much

dl

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304868
Insure you delete/format any partitions the install process finds before
continuing