Question 2 Prong to 3 Prong Adapter

papalzru

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016
Sorry if this is a stupid question but Im clueless on electrics and I think its better safe than sorry.

My sons new gaming laptop has come with a 2 prong charger cable.

Can someone please tell me what size amp/voltage adapter i need to buy for the UK 3 prong . I dont want to risk damaging it. The charger says 16a 250v

Thank you for any help.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Sorry if this is a stupid question but Im clueless on electrics and I think its better safe than sorry.

Can someone please tell me what size amp/voltage adapter i need to buy for the UK 3 prong . I dont want to risk damaging it. The charger says 16a 250v

Thank you for any help.
What is the make/model of the laptop itself? Need to determine if the power supply end of the power cable uses a standard or three-barrel type connection.

Reactions: papalzru

kanewolf

Titan

Thank you for any help.
You may be able to just buy a replacement power cord. Most laptop power adapters have removable power cords.
Post a picture to imgur and link it here for more definite guidance.

papalzru

Honorable
Nov 7, 2016

kanewolf

Titan
Reactions: papalzru