Question 2 usb PCIe cards

Jerrymc3

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
I've been using a Febsmart 7 port usb PCIe card and its been working fine for over a year. I just added some more usb devices so I needed more ports so I purchased and Inatech 7 port usb card but none of the devices on the new card are showing up in Windows 10. I did install the drivers from the cd that came with it. Could it be a port conflict or will 2 usb cards not work in the same computer? Should I have purchased the same brand?

Jerry

I purchased and Inatech 7 port usb card but none of the devices on the new card are showing up in Windows 10
make sure the device works by installing it in another system
or try it alone in yours.
seems much more common these days to find DOA hardware so it can very well just be a faulty device.

also include an image of your Device Manager with USB controllers & devices expanded.

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
I've been using a Febsmart 7 port usb PCIe card and its been working fine for over a year. I just added some more usb devices so I needed more ports so I purchased and Inatech 7 port usb card but none of the devices on the new card are showing up in Windows 10. I did install the drivers from the cd that came with it. Could it be a port conflict or will 2 usb cards not work in the same computer? Should I have purchased the same brand?

Jerry
Wouldn't a powered USB hub be a simpler solution ?

TRENDING THREADS