Question 2 windows 7, I'm assuming my drive is partitioned?

pd154

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Çouple of issues, have a Dell Vostro 460 , i-5 2400gz 6mb Memory with original 360GB drive, and an added 2TB internal backup. I believe the 360GB drive is partitioned as when booting up i have 2 Windows 7 options to choose from. All the files on the 2nd Windows 7 option are older 2011-2013, while the upper or first option the files are newer (2013 to now). As I am down to 24mb left on the 360GB main drive I am deleting programs and files (and emptying the recycle bin), like crazy, and the files and programs do disappear, but I cannot gain any space on the drive!
One odd thing (to me anyhow) is that if i chose the upper windows 7 option the C drive is the 360GB, (full) but if I choose the lower Win 7 option, it is called the D drive and the 2TB drive is the C drive . I did buy a new 1 TB drive to replace the 360 GB, anyone have any recommendations on what software or how best to mirror that 360MB drive onto the new larger drive?
Other issues possibly complicating things; one of the drives constantly seeking. It only does this on about 1 of 4 boot ups. It has had for a year a grr,,, gerr,,, gerr sort of sound. could easily unplug the larger drive and reboot multiple times and will but have not.
Quite often lately on boot it gives me an error; No Drive Detected, cntrl alt del to retry.
The obvious but boring answer is;, buy a new computer. Kinda prefer other answers if anyone has a thought? Thanks.

pd154

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
OK, looking back at previous years posts; I installed a 3TB (D) drive and had issues finding the third TB. I believe I partitioned after GTP reformatting it to access the remaining 1TB when I could only access 2 TB.
Back to the recent: an odd issue , if i leave computer running for a few hours, whenever i return it has failed, Msg is something to the effect of "Cntrl Alt Del to restart"
Right now it is showing 2 HDD's , (C and D), occasionally it will only show the 340GB C drive as in one of the ( hopefully) attached pics. Cancel that,
Right now, ( switched to my phone), on bootup, " a disk read error occurred. Press Control+Alt+Del to restart" . Killing me!

Don't see any pictures but, C:\ is always drive/partiton windows are booted of and running from, you have to look in Disk Manager for physical drives. Disk0, Disk1 etc. It will show C: partition on the drive you are booting from at that time, no matter on which physical disk it's on.

pd154

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
OK, sorry not to have replied. I know its annoying when people converse for a bit, then just disappear. I ran into more serious problems and was only able to log on by usb transfer from my phone. Very slow. I reinstalled Win 7 a couple of times but still it could never recognize its network adapter. Tried multiple options of file download and installs but to no avail. So after a few days of this, just bought a "new" computer. My only issue now is installing this 3TB 32Bit formatted and partitioned HDD and somehow keeping, (I think converting) the data to 64bit. I will eventually ask that question but as its different, I will search for a while and then possibly start a new thread if unable to find info. Thank you for your help.