[SOLVED] 2 x 8 pin Mother board connection to 1 x 8 into PSU

Solution
is it safe to use a dual 2x8 pin PCIe connection from the motherboard into 1x 8 pin PCIe slot in my PSU?
You do not plug pci-e power connections into that motherboard. It(like pretty much all motherboards) uses 8-pin EPS connectors not pci-e. Plugging a pci-e connector into a EPS slot is likely to end up badly.

The HX1200 in your image has 2 8 pin eps cables that are 1 connection per cable so you'd need to use both included cables to plug in both connections on the motherboard.

bignastyid

Titan
is it safe to use a dual 2x8 pin PCIe connection from the motherboard into 1x 8 pin PCIe slot in my PSU?
You do not plug pci-e power connections into that motherboard. It(like pretty much all motherboards) uses 8-pin EPS connectors not pci-e. Plugging a pci-e connector into a EPS slot is likely to end up badly.

The HX1200 in your image has 2 8 pin eps cables that are 1 connection per cable so you'd need to use both included cables to plug in both connections on the motherboard.

Reactions: Willow_123
Solution

Willow_123

Reputable
Jun 8, 2019

Thank you very much, I’ve been at this so long I couldn’t see the wood through the trees! Wrong bloody cables! Thanks