20 Mice That Shock And Awe (But Mostly Shock)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterCookie

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
The mouse mouse is a very old stuff by now, I have seen it online about 3 years ago or even more. If you would have read, the modder really liked that animal since it was his pet until it died by natural causes. Than he though: I will make you eternal, and there you go, he did it. Though, it is still impractical.

However, the hand mouse was awesome, I would love to have one of those, since I love ugly and disgusting items. I think that the guy who made it have spend quite some time on it and put some effort to finish that so nicely.
It would cost at least 100$ to make it. Does someone have the link for the making of that thing?

Also, Toms, why on earth do you put the "Zoom" button everywhere, and in each of your articles the largest picture has like 40x60 pixels even after you click on it?
You used to make large resolution pictures of all the stuff you tested, so one could really check it out before buying it...

RailGun88

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Cool except for the mouse mouse one which is really weird, nothing wrong with it just weird. Anyways the only win I see here is the transformer mouse, all the others pretty much fail.

Eman25th

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2009
fell out of my chair when i saw the mouse mouse, reminds me of a high school class where we each stuffed an animal(still have my little squirrel somewhere)

G

I would have loved to see the entire article but I gave up once Motorola popped up a full page ad for the 3rd time just because my mouse cursor happened to touch their stupid image.

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Logitech, ages ago (think back to the Dexxa days), had a floating 3D mouse. I remember seeing it in, I think it was a PC Magazine. The sensor looked like a triangle which stood upright, and each corner in the receiver was likely an X/Y/Z sensor.

The mouse was completely futuristic looking - aside from the beige plastic colour of the time. It was extremely thin, mostly flat, shaped like a "T" in that the 3 buttons (this predates scroll wheels) were wider than the palm part of the mouse, and curved from side to side. There was no strap or anything to secure it, but the idea was to hold the palm part of the mouse with your thumb and pinky.

It was never productized, and it may have never been made into a working prototype due to the thinness of the device.

$10 if anybody can find a photo online of it. The magazine I saw it in predates the Internet (as we know of it today), so good hunting.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]how come no one on this site ever says first? is this the only forum on the internet without any douschebags [aside from those that spam ads]?[/citation]

Because they get banned on sight...

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
[citation][nom]Waethorn[/nom]Logitech, ages ago had a floating 3D mouse.

After a long time searching i give up (wanted to see if you would actually pay up if i found it). One can not find what does not want to be found or something in that order, however i do remember that thing as one of the guys from the Amiga club wanted to replicate the concept (i was fascinated by the idea).

a mouse not for the masses.
Personally i think the mouse in on the page i linked to just above should deserve a place on this list!, Man i once had a girlfriend who would frag any one using that if it was around back in the day. She could do things with her feet most woman can even do with their hands.

G

13 is 3d rendering. I remember seeing it on CGtalk years ago.

Codesmith

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
If I had the skills, I think it would be fun to go to a lan party and completely dominate and humiliate the competition while using a Minnie Mouse Mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.