$2000 Gaming build

kengkmz

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello community, I am looking into building my next stationary gaming computer. I have a &2000 budget I can spend and I need help and suggestions on what I should get.

Here's my current Ideal setup.

i7 3770k or 3550k
Asus sabertooth z77 mother board
Ripjaw 1866 16gb ram
1000w Rosewill power supply

and here is my question.
Currently I already have NZXT phamtom full tower case, Should I change the case for a better airflow performance? I am planning to Sli/Crossfire my gpu later. If yes which one? I am looking into one with side panel if possible. Also i am considering Rosewill blackhawk full tower, even though it doesnt have side panel it seems to have great airflow.
Here is my second question, if i dont have to change will h100i water cooling be able to fit my phantom case? Is there any other water cooling system within or below $100 that is better than 100i? I am planning to OC my cpu to at least 4.0 and at max 4.5.
Here is the last question, which gfx should i buy? 6702gb, 4gb, 6802gb, 4gb? which brand? I dont know if i want to keep my gpu at speed stock or Oc it. I am worried about heating problems. I will be buying 1 card for now and SLI it later. I will be playing at 120hz 1080p most of the time, but i'll be doing 5760x1080 sometime for fun too. I am more interested in nvidia because i mainly want a great fps in BF3. But, i did not disclud 7970ghz edition out just yet, so if yo guys can give some suggestions about the graphic card that would be great!

Thank you in advance!

i7 is a solid choice but i5 could work as well
asus makes a nice solid mobo
i'd go with mushkin or main brand over ripjaw
i'd suggest a corsair psu instead. wattage is probably ok (but double check) i would be more concerned about having enough gpu connectors (some cards take 2 or more connectors).

for cheap the 800d or HAF cases arent bad. you want at least 3-4 120mm or larger openings.

honestly water cooling is not worthwhile as you can get similar numbers for less with good air.

i prefer nvidia drivers so that is the route i always take (evga brand). since you plan on multipanel gaming pick whichever one is less buggy and performs best with that. any of them can handle a single panel.

repost this in the systems section of the forum under hardware. you will get alot more responses there