2011 or 1155

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtkill

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2013
Hello !

I know this question might be asked before, but i just want to know which motheboards are future-proof i mean last longer the 2011 or 1155 ?

then i won't need to change it and change just the cpu and mostly the gpu
i think it will cost less than change the mobo,cpu and gpu isn't it ?

i'm gonna use the pc for mostly gaming and i know that the i5 3570k is the best choice now
but what about future games they may require an i7 or 4+ core cpu

Thanks in advance !! :)

Solution
Intel changes CPU sockets like crazy. So far the most "future" proof platform is AMD. AM2/AM3 been around for long time...AM2 socket was officially introduced on May 23, 2006 and is still compatible with todays CPUs..not fully but it works. Anyway I would wait for now and wait for intels new platform.

The best advice I can give is to buy mid range board and upgrade the platform more often. I love to play with the hardware so I upgrade my platform every 2 years and my VGA every year or less depends on the deal I get...love free games deals it is so worth it.

Anyway the most performance boost, in games, you get is from upgrading your VGA not you CPU. If you like the snappy OS without question get SSD.

If you want to build the most...
Status
Not open for further replies.