Question 2013 LG Display repair?

May 22, 2022
Hi, a monitor I have has been having some issues in the past months, like going blank randomly while in use and flickering on and off, but now it's at a state where even with no inputs, the output is not working as intended. Is there a repair possible for this? Can the board be replaced? It seems like the display itself may be fine and it's just an issue with the board but I'm not sure.

Display model: LG 23EN43T
Here are some pictures of the board: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7DMNGJEY6e8LGdiG6
Video of issue:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m11B_82kW9w

Thanks in advance

May 22, 2022
I was wondering if it was a board issue as I think the panel itself is fine, but I just want to get confirmation or verification from others who know more
It may be 9 years old but it can still be used fine until this happened, even right now I use a second display from 2007 because I don't have an issue with it

All of that may be true, but you are immediately faced with the cost issue.

50 years ago, something like that would typically be taken to a repair shop of some sort.

Now...much less likely due to cost. Just like most computer components. You rarely hear of motherboard repair, for instance.

Maybe you can find a competent diagnosis/repair guy who will get off the couch for 25 dollars and it's a 10 dollar part replacement. Possible and unlikely.

May 22, 2022
All of that may be true, but you are immediately faced with the cost issue.

50 years ago, something like that would typically be taken to a repair shop of some sort.

Now...much less likely due to cost. Just like most computer components. You rarely hear of motherboard repair, for instance.

Maybe you can find a competent diagnosis/repair guy who will get off the couch for 25 dollars and it's a 10 dollar part replacement. Possible and unlikely.

I've already opened the monitor and taken out the board, I already have the part numbers I need, I just need to know if this is being caused by the board after all
I can replace any parts no issue, I have those basic skills
I can find the board for $9 + $3 on AliExpress

If you've gone that far, I'd give it a try for 12 dollars......unless you can get confirmation it won't help.

Is it complete speculation that it might work?

I've seen concerns on this forum in the last few days about Ali Express as a reliable source for parts. I have no personal knowledge.

May 22, 2022
If you've gone that far, I'd give it a try for 12 dollars......unless you can get confirmation it won't help.

Is it complete speculation that it might work?

I've seen concerns on this forum in the last few days about Ali Express as a reliable source for parts. I have no personal knowledge.

That's what I'm trying now, to get confirmation if replacing the board would help at all or not
I've been looking at stuff online and some issues have been solved by replacing the board but I'll dig deeper
For me, AliExpress is my only source, other options would be too expensive (especially with shipping) and is thus not a viable option

D

Deleted member 362816

That's what I'm trying now, to get confirmation if replacing the board would help at all or not
I've been looking at stuff online and some issues have been solved by replacing the board but I'll dig deeper
For me, AliExpress is my only source, other options would be too expensive (especially with shipping) and is thus not a viable option

Ali is fine as long as you are buying from a seller that is decent. Most issues right now is incorrect custom paperwork USA doesn't usually care much but lately they have been. I would say out of my last 20 Ali orders 15 arrived.

May 22, 2022
Ali is fine as long as you are buying from a seller that is decent. Most issues right now is incorrect custom paperwork USA doesn't usually care much but lately they have been. I would say out of my last 20 Ali orders 15 arrived.
I'm in Southeast Asia so my options are limited in terms of online commerce, and AliExpress is very popular due to it's proximity to this country