2014 Spells End of Windows Phone 7.8 and 8 Support

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Herr_Koos[/nom]Because 8 was released before 7.8, strange as it sounds.Honestly, this is a non-issue. Vanilla WP8 support expires next year, but there will be an update in the meantime (8.1, 8.5, whatever) that extends it another 2 years.[/citation]
This is how Windows has worked on PCs for years too, as others have pointed out. They have beeing doing this with Service Packs, traditionally. Now they will do it with OS version numbers (8.x) or Windows Phone Blue-something. Basically it's a complete non-issue. I don't understand how shit like this becomes an article... it reminds me of the "articles" in the entertainment "news" rags. If it was funny, it would be on The Onion.

hannibal

Distinguished
The good thing about WinMP is that you can really get upgraded versions that are supported! Just like you get service packs and new windows versions to your desktop computer and don't have to wait if the manufacturer (for example Dell deside if they will release upgrade or not! All windows phones are like Nexus models from the Android world! You can upgrade if you want to! You don't be so depended on independent manufacturers. It allso meanst that most Windows phones looks a lot like each others because there are more limits that MS allows to the phones. It has good and bad consequensis.

Kevin Caldwell

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Shocking bias! I'm really disappointed that Toms Hardware, a beacon of good advice is posting such retarded crap... like someone said it's like making big news out of Windows 7 no longer having support... but it does if you update to Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for free... seriously I haven't seen any articles about Froyo or iOS 5 no longer being supported, so why the hell this kinda bias crap about Windows Phone... I mean really? I will not look upon your "advice" in a whole other light.... sad sad day!

Status
Not open for further replies.