[SOLVED] 2060 super core voltage will not unlock MSI Afterburner

Im trying to unlock core voltage slider in MSI Afterburner for my 2060 super 8GD model (8pin only)

Ive made sure the option was enabled in MSI Afterburner using the (standard MSI) setting and all other 3 settings it allows and the core voltage slider is still locked.

Any help?

My 1060 3gb OC edition unlocked the slider just fine and I had a +3 on the voltage for the manual oc I did..... so idk.

EDIT: I read online somewhere the 2060 super doesnt have manual voltage control? is this true? If so my OC will be limited to +100mhz core and +600mhz memory however this is an OC version card so its already OC'd but I figured with it being an OC card I would be able to manually set the voltage....

EDIT # 2: I tried an option where you go into the CFG file and change 2 options
  • Had to type this in here to this option .... UnofficialOverclockingEULA = I confirm that I am aware of unofficial overclocking limitations and fully understand that MSI will not provide me any support on it
  • Then had to put a 1 on this option... UnofficialOverclockingMode = 1
Still didnt work.

MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super OC 3x Windforce White (8pin only version)
MEMORY: HyperX RGB 2x8gb DDR4 3000mhz
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 250gb / 500gb WD Blue
PSU: Corsair cx550m
WIN: Windows 10 Pro
Case Cooling: Antec Prizm 3x 120mm rgb case fans with controller and 2 RGB strips / 1 default 120mm case fan

Last edited:
Solution
Solution: Im not sure if this is a temporary or long term solution, but here is what I did.
  • Downloading MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 Beta 4 (the latest beta) unlocked my voltage slider. Not sure if its a bug with RTX cards or what is going on.
  • If your having this issue, hopefully this solution helps you. If a mod could mark this thread as solved that would be great!
Solution: Im not sure if this is a temporary or long term solution, but here is what I did.
  • Downloading MSI Afterburner 4.6.2 Beta 4 (the latest beta) unlocked my voltage slider. Not sure if its a bug with RTX cards or what is going on.
  • If your having this issue, hopefully this solution helps you. If a mod could mark this thread as solved that would be great!

Solution