TheLarkShark

Reputable
Jun 19, 2017
Solution
There are many factors to your temperatures. 80C for 2060s isnt uncommon. I will need a lot more details to help you. First of all, what is your ambient temperature? Second, how fast are the gpu fans during gaming? Set a manual fan curve using msi afterburner where when the temperature reaches 75C or 70C (depending on your preference) the fans will run up to 50% or 60%. Again this depends on you. Higher fan speed means louder noise. Thirdly, zotac brands are known to run hotter or louder because of their price tag. Obviously the more expensive ones like asus will have better cooling. Last but not least, you can try to undervolt using msi afterburner to get lower temps. You will have to search up youtube for more details
I just upgraded my i7-7700 to a i7-10700 (and installed a new mobo, obviously) and now my 2060 Super is running hot while playing games (~80°C). I would imagine that this shouldn't be an issue, but I am concerned as to why this is happening.
Here is a log of my GPU temperatures before, during, and after I play COD: MW. You can even see when I am in between matches, as I limit my in-game FPS in the lobby to 60.
Here is my full build.
I would think that the inside of your case is getting hotter with the new cpu, what case fans do you have? Looks like your case has a spot for a side intake fan that would be good for cooling the GPU

TheLarkShark

Reputable
Jun 19, 2017
I would think that the inside of your case is getting hotter with the new cpu, what case fans do you have? Looks like your case has a spot for a side intake fan that would be good for cooling the GPU
I am only using the two fans that came with the case - intake on the front and output on the back.

Edit: Bear in mind that this is a Mini-ATX case, and, while I can install more fans, there just is not that much space.

Last edited:

poorbugger

Distinguished
There are many factors to your temperatures. 80C for 2060s isnt uncommon. I will need a lot more details to help you. First of all, what is your ambient temperature? Second, how fast are the gpu fans during gaming? Set a manual fan curve using msi afterburner where when the temperature reaches 75C or 70C (depending on your preference) the fans will run up to 50% or 60%. Again this depends on you. Higher fan speed means louder noise. Thirdly, zotac brands are known to run hotter or louder because of their price tag. Obviously the more expensive ones like asus will have better cooling. Last but not least, you can try to undervolt using msi afterburner to get lower temps. You will have to search up youtube for more details

Solution