[SOLVED] 2070 Substitute?

LepreSean97

Honorable
Apr 8, 2017
I'll Start this off by saying my knowledge in PC building is very limited, every part of my PC is picked with online help from this forum and fitted using Youtube tutorials (Was a pre built at first). So apologies for any stupid questions.

Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
*GPU: Gigabyte GTX 960 Windforce
MB: Asus Prime B350 Plus
PSU: 550w
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
Case: CiT Dragon 3, ATX Midi tower
Cooler: Corsair H60

Well I feel my PC is due an upgrade from my gtx 960 which I've had since 2016, one reason being this isn't compatible with VR. Had my eye on a 2070 for a while and unfortunately waited too long since I heard it was discontinued. I feel the newer 3000 series models might be bottlenecked by my CPU or simply too big for my case. Was wondering if anyone could help me pick a new one out since I'm now stuck. Hoping for an RTX model.

I play a wide variety of games, mostly Elite Dangerous, Minecraft, Assassins Creed, Star Wars Sqaudrons etc.

Thank you for any input!

Solution
Thank you! Any particular model of 3060 you would reccomend? Can't find any on stock though.(I live in the UK)

My PSU is a Corsair VS550 I belive. A non modular one. May replace that with a modular just so I can tidy the cables a bit by removing unnecessary ones.
Replacing it for a modular is a personal preference,replacing it for safety reason's is a different thing.
Corsair's VS units are not that bad,but shouldnt be trusted with such high end graphics card.
I suggest you buy either a 650W or a 750W version of this psu.
Hardly you will find a 3060Ti anywhere in the store.And remember,you should go for a 3060Ti,not the 3060.
That extra 4gb of vram 3060 has isnt going to help you at all in gaming.
I really like this...

LepreSean97

Honorable
Apr 8, 2017
Dont worry about bottlenecks,you can always upgrade ur cpu down the line.
If you can manage to get the new 3000 series gpu,atleast 3060Ti,that would be awesome.
Also,what is the exact make/model of that 550W powersupply of yours?

Thank you! Any particular model of 3060 you would reccomend? Can't find any on stock though.(I live in the UK)

My PSU is a Corsair VS550 I belive. A non modular one. May replace that with a modular just so I can tidy the cables a bit by removing unnecessary ones.

Replacing it for a modular is a personal preference,replacing it for safety reason's is a different thing.
Corsair's VS units are not that bad,but shouldnt be trusted with such high end graphics card.
I suggest you buy either a 650W or a 750W version of this psu.
Hardly you will find a 3060Ti anywhere in the store.And remember,you should go for a 3060Ti,not the 3060.
That extra 4gb of vram 3060 has isnt going to help you at all in gaming.
I really like this 3060Ti

Solution