[SOLVED] 2070 Super Fans Pausing while idle

sqweeps

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
Just finished building my pc and have been testing. I just noticed while idle that my GPU fans are spinning and then stopping and then spinning again.Is this by design or did I mess something up?I've never seen this happen before on a GPU?

Solution
Since EVGA turns off the fans when not under load, the card hovers around the upper 40C mark just sitting at the Windows desktop.

However, you can manually make adjustments to the fan curve if you prefer that the fans not shut off below a specific temperature, using Precision X or Afterburner, to set a custom fan curve. Bottom line, yes, it is normal for the card to shut off the fans under no or low load conditions.
Since EVGA turns off the fans when not under load, the card hovers around the upper 40C mark just sitting at the Windows desktop.

However, you can manually make adjustments to the fan curve if you prefer that the fans not shut off below a specific temperature, using Precision X or Afterburner, to set a custom fan curve. Bottom line, yes, it is normal for the card to shut off the fans under no or low load conditions.

Solution