Question 2070S/2080S at this pont or wait?

Rodrigodrt

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
494
39
11,040
63
So with this recent talk about corona and whole manufacturing getting to a complete halt by Jay and other yt reviewers, do you believe it would be wiser to just get a one of these while they're on stock and fresh now? I was waiting for nvidia 3xxx, but, im still bound to 1080p, im not changing my 4770k @ 4.5 wich is enough for the task, so... i've been wondering if i should step up my game now rather than sorta 'gamble' and wait, often you don't regret waiting, but this one? or pehaps its all an conspiratory theory? what you think?

regardless, it brings back to the question, ive heard rumors that 2080S isnt worth it over the 2070S performance x price wise, what are you thoughts?
 

Lutfij

Titan
Moderator
I'd wait, until Nvidia make an announcement during this years GTC/GDC to see what Nvidia have up their sleeve and also a little longer to see what reviews say of their latest lineup(if it's due for release this year at all).
 
it depends. do you strictly need more performance? if not then wait. personally i'm waiting until nvidia next gen before pulling the trigger. either getting new gen or pulling the trigger on used turing depending on how things are. almost 5 years with this 970. and before that 660SLI from 2013 which if the scaling is good almost as fast as 970 itself. so i was kind of stuck with this kind of performance for almost 8 years now haha and i still think there is still some life left on my 970.
 
Feb 23, 2020
7
3
15
0
I'm in the same boat as you, to a degree. I'm using a GeForce GTX 680 (bought in 2011) and decided I am going to wait until some news is released regarding the new GPUs hopefully coming out this year. I want my next GPU to easily handle Ultra settings + Ray Tracing.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS