Question 2070S running for 20mins at 75c even with case open.

D

Deleted member 1272431

Opening a GPU will result in warranty being void, etc, etc.

But seriously, 81c does not seem bad under load... That's a big card (215W!)
Also, how old is it? Thermal compund should last up to 3y if it's a good one...

May 8, 2020
And it did not do that before?
You see that is the problem, I'm not sure. I have some gameplay footage from January where it was just like it is right now. Never noticed it for some reason I think it might be like this out of the box which is why this got me worried that running that high for so long shortened its lifespan.

D

Deleted member 1272431

No, I'd say it's reasonable for your GPU. A couple of degree difference could be due to different measures and erro in measurement as well as case airflow not being able to dissipate warmth generated appropiately. Also, generally, GPUs run within 90 degrees and yours is not spiking to 100, so I would not worry.
Check here and here for some specifics to your GPU.

May 8, 2020
No, I'd say it's reasonable for your GPU. A couple of degree difference could be due to different measures and erro in measurement as well as case airflow not being able to dissipate warmth generated appropiately. Also, generally, GPUs run within 90 degrees and yours is not spiking to 100, so I would not worry.
Check here and here for some specifics to your GPU.
Thanks, I'm a little less worried now. I kinda freaked out, I think Nvidia should make this a known thing about RTX Cards, cause all previous generations of GPU's ran lower than 70c under full load.

D

Deleted member 1272431

Thanks, I'm a little less worried now. I kinda freaked out, I think Nvidia should make this a known thing about RTX Cards, cause all previous generations of GPU's ran lower than 70c under full load.

Well, check the specs to get their maximum rated degrees. I could not find one stating that precisely. If you want to improve airflow in the case, if that is an issue, it will only be a good thing, both for your GPU and CPU.

Take care